Sunday, July 13, 2008

Leslie's New Weekend Shoes

Well I haven't made a decision on the oxford pumps--I have a feeling I'll end up trying them on in the store or ordering them and trying them out and seeing how I like in person--however, it's free shipping for only $50 and over and I actually don't have anything else I need at Target right now (go figure!!) so until I find something else for $15 I need, I'm going to wait to order them because I REFUSE to pay for shipping. Since they are a "fall preview", I think I have plenty of time. Yes, I'm being stingy but that extra $5 could be any of the following:

  • a sundae at Graeter's
  • 7 Polar Pops (just for you, Ash)
  • A matinee movie
  • Pizza lunch one day at work
  • 5 miles worth of gas (or so it seems)
In other words, I'm not going to pay shipping :-) In fact, I was just ordering on Amazon and found something else since basically for $5 more, I can have a $10 item and not pay for shipping.

My rationalization mind is warped. I know.

Anyhow, the real reason for the post...thanks to the wonderful KT who actually told me about a pair of yellow pumps at endless.com. They didn't have my size in the ones she told me about, but that made me look and I found an almost identical pair that did! Woo hoo! They'll be here on Tuesday (yea for free overnight shipping!) so stay tuned for their first wearing this week!!! :-) I also ordered a new cheap pair of red pointy toe pumps. I have my peep toes but I'll need closed toe for winter and fall and these were ultra cheap so I figured they were worth a shot as well (especially since return shipping is free too!). My previous pair I had for a couple years but I slipped on a grate walking downtown and the entire heel tore and was ruined. I tried to color it with a Sharpie (I'm kinda notorious for shoe repairs via Sharpie) but no such luck so for $24, I invested in the new pair. Cross your fingers that they all fit.

Yea for new shoes!!!

4 comments:

Ally said...

$5 will also get you 50 days of library files :)

Love the new shoes - I keep sharpies of every color in my desk at work for just that purpose!!

KT said...

I am so excited for your new shoes! (I have to fess up to ordering 2 pair of shoes myself today from Endless.)

Toni said...

Ok, that's it. You need to go on a shoe diet.

Jamie said...

Um, there is ALWAYS room for new shoes!