Sunday, July 13, 2008

Saturday night - Tracey



Halter maxi dress - NY and Co

Shoes - Walmart George

Bracelet - H&M

Clutch - Dillard's super clearance special













Saturday night was a birthday dinner for a good friend of Allison's and I. Being as the restaurant was right on the river, I kind of figured that we'd be sitting outside in the hot and humid weather, so I wanted to be cool and comfortable. I love the maxi dress trend, but 99.9% of them that I try on I either feel like I'm in my nightgown or I feel like Mrs Roper. When I found this dress by NY and Co I knew I had to get it because I actually feel kinda sexy in it! It shows off my good parts and covers all the bad ones.




While I love my big ol' bags during the week to stuff all of my various things in, I love a clutch on the nights that I go out. I have this crazy, mad love of all things animal and snake. While I hate snakes and don't want any near me, I appreciate them on a nice pair of shoes or bag. However, this bag is just a nice replica printed and embossed on faux leather.

The bracelet I picked up at H&M on an impromptu trip to Indianapolis where Allison and I got the chance to meet up with Kimberly over at Fab Finds Under $50. She is such a sweetheart and just as gorgeous as she looks in her pictures!

I finally bought a tripod, so hopefully I will be posting more outfits now! Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend.

9 comments:

KT said...

Mrs. Roper, too funny! This is a good look for you though, even with the Three's Company comparison!

Ally said...

Honey, you looked SO pretty last night. Not that you don't always look pretty, but you were especially so last night. Maybe it was the lightening that provided such good light? :)

I feel the same way about snakes. The only good snake is one that carries my cash!

Jamie said...

Mamma! I LOVE this look on you. I am with you, I am lovin all over the Maxi Dress trend this summer. And OMG, I about fell out of my chair on the Ms. Roper comment! Hilarious! Hope you ladies had a wonderful time last night!

Anonymous said...

Hubba, Hubba sexy lady! Lookin' good, Lookin' good! I love the snakeskin clutch (along with the the rest of the outfit). I, too, can't stand snakes, so when I bought my genuine python Coach ipod case it slightly creeped me out and then I viewed it as a victory over the creepy, crawlies (sorry to all you PETA peps out there!). As for your compliments of me, *blushes*, thank you!

Leslie said...

Very nice! I liked your shoes so much I just looked for them at Walmart but they didnt have the gold. Pretty pretty--and perfect for a summer night outside!

Ally said...

Kimberly - I'm the same way w/snakes! One of my maintenance guys got a call for a snake in the parking lot a few weeks back. Fortunately, I wasn't there but he told me all about it. I asked him what he did with the snake and he said he tossed it in a neighboring field (such a nice guy). I told him next time I expected a wallet out of it!! :)

Daniel said...

I dig the outfit muchly. Looks great on you.

Jane said...

Love the look. After seeing how great the clutch bag goes I think I will have a hunt around my wardrobe for one. As I have pledged not to buy any new clothes for a year I will have to make do.
Hope the evening went well.

Kasmira said...

Congrats on the tripod purchase! I couldn't live without mine. I need to get a gorillapod for travel.