Thursday, July 3, 2008

Thursday -- Ally

The longest day of the week is the Thursday before a three-day-weekend. I'm ready for the weekend!!!

I thought this would be a nice, casual, tomorrow's-a-holiday look.


Sweater: American Living (JCP)

Skirt: Land's End

Necklace: Walmart

Shoes: Crocs











Please excuse the goofy, no-neck pose. I was completely exhausted from the day and it was all I could do to crack a smile. In fact, I was leaning aginst the wall a little!


Wearin' my Michelle Obama pearls!!!

















And guess what I did? I colored my hair for the first time in YEARS. I was inspired by Kimberly
and E and Kasmira. My hair is naturally a dark strawberry blonde but I've colored it much redder in the past and it looked great. I used Natural Instincts in Spiced Tea because it washes out and will fade gradually. It was a sheer fiasco coloring it and what should have taken 30 minutes took almost 2 hours. UGH! Thankfully Al helped me out :)

What do you think? It's REALLY bright but I hope it'll fade and look better next week.

What's funny is NO ONE NOTICED except the cable guy at work and Trae. I took her to the airport yesterday (I'm the cabbie around this joint! First Les and now Trae! haha) and she noticed how much redder it was right away. It's really red on the ends of one side but I think it's just because I need a trim.





I hope you all have a great holiday weekend!! Leslie and Tracey will be back in town soon so expect more regular posting then!

9 comments:

E said...

Aw Honey, you look AMAZING! I know what you mean about how bright those red shades are right after you dye it, but I totally love this on you. And don't you love how great we look in green!? For real, you look flippin' fantastic.

Hope you have a fabulous and safe weekend!

Ally said...

Thanks, E! Green has always been my go-color but it's so "HEY!!!" now that my hair is redder.

I kinda love it too. I feel so guilty about dying my hair because frankly, my natural color is nice, it's healthy and I don't have greys. However...it is pretty, isn't it? haha

You have a great weekend too and wear lots of flippers!!!!

Anonymous said...

I like it! It adds a bit of "sauciness"! I used to use Natural Instincts before covering grey became an issue. :-( Also, I love the strand of pearls with the sweater, add in the eagle emblem and you are perfectly patriotic for this time of year!

Ally said...

grey for a while...unfortunately, my mother's hair never went grey - it went ghost white! Ack!!!!

Kasmira said...

Your color looks great! I've noticed that the semi-permanent colors (like Natural Instincts) usually color more intensely on the older, and usually damaged, ends of my hair than the roots.

Ally said...

I really should just get it cut but I like my hair longer rather than shorter. I've not had it cut or trimmed since January so it's due!

Leslie said...

I love the color!!!! You know Ive been telling you I wanted you to go bright red again for a while. I think it brightens your entire face.

Ally said...

I know...you and everybody else :) Kim will be as excited as I am!

Are you home yet?

Jamie said...

I think it looks faboo!!!