Monday, July 7, 2008

Leslie - Monday


Polka Dot Dress: Merona

Cardigan: Express

Belt: Limited

Shoes: Diba


"I feel so much better...



I'll be there on Monday nine o'clock

and we will see who walks the walk
NO NO I CAN'T WAIT!
I will be there at eight
When they unlock the door



I'll even dress in black and white

See I have not begun to fight
And you'll go OH much better and
OH much better
and soon all y'all know much better

I am so much better
I am so much better
I am so much better
than before!"

Snaps for whoever can figure out what musical the above lyrics come from....That's your clue. It's one of my favorites and Jamie even went with me to NYC last Christmas to see it on Broadway (and do a little shopping of course!!). Your second clue is that there is currently a reality show on MTV to cast the new lead. I've been watching every week.

Anyhow, as the song says, I even dressed in black and white and am so much better than before! Yes, today I got back in the game and headed to work. I can't say I was there at 8 (I honestly would have been but a follow up doctors visit for a second round of drugs to finally beat the bronchitis kept me from it) but I did get back into the office today for the first time in almost 2 weeks and it felt good to get back into the routine and feel semi-normal again!

Such a day means I had to have a cute outfit that was still quite comfortable since I'm still kinda sore and knew I'd be running around quite a bit getting caught up. This simple jersey knit dress and cardigan seemed to fit the bill. I had on my black and white shoes but ditched them at last minute for the pop of red. Red shoes seem to get any day started right!

9 comments:

Ally said...

You look good, honey!

Wanna know what's awesome? I wore that same dress with a black cardi today!!! Glad I hadn't posted it yet :)

hahaha

KT said...

Legally Blonde! I took my daughter to NYC to see it last
X-mas! How awesome was it? I had a blast!
*Awesome outfit, by the way!

Jamie said...

Do I get to guess even though I went with you? HA!! Look great girl!

Pearly said...

Seriously, too many clues, I so figured it out with the song! ANYWAY Whey don't I have a polkee dot dress too? (I'm pouting in case you can't tell)

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious that you and Ally wore the same dresses today. Great minds, my dears!

ICE COLD SURF said...

THATS A GOOD LOOKIN OUTFIT THERE!!

Leslie said...

OMG kt!! How fabulous was it?!?!? Listening to the girly soundtrack is my pick-me-up in my car on some mornings on the way to work. I sing in my car, people look at me funny...you know how it goes.

Tiffy, they have cute polka dot dresses at the Target all the time. I'll pick you up one next time so you don't have to pout and can be happy too!

Thanks for the compliments all!

Audi said...

Glad you're feeling better! You're certainly looking fabulous.

KT said...

It was beyond fabulous! I took my daughter and we had a blast. The weather was so nice we rode a bike taxi to the theatre. I had never been to a Broadway show before and I am hooked! I could not believe all the times I was in NY and thought I didn't have an interest in the theatre. Wasted opportunities I'll have to make up for.