Thursday, July 24, 2008

Leslie - Thursday


Tie-neck Top: GO International

Vest: Mossimo

Gray Pinstripe Pants: Banana Republic Factory Outlet

Yellow Pumps: Nine West

A lot of prints and colors happening in this outfit...but I love it! I actually had several compliments at work on this combination. I really enjoyed it because I think it comes off as flirty and fun--but still very professional. I'm lucky because I think working in marketing, people tend to say "Oh she's in marketing, she's allowed to wear bolder colors and combinations because they're the creative type." I'm glad they never had dress codes when I was in school because I couldn't have taken it--my clothing expresses way too much about me. Of course, when I was in school, my clothing wasn't near this cute either. :-)

13 comments:

Ally said...

I'm currently resisting the urge to post embarrassing picture of us in elementary, middle and high school!

*mwah!*

Unknown said...

love it! the color combo is awesome.

E said...

I LOVE this. Beyond words LOVE. Yellow and purple are so very complimentary and the fun mix of pinstripes with the fun pattern in your top... Oh... Love.

:)

Leslie said...

Ally-- don't you dare :-) Or I have to approve. I think you should post us in our fashionable Girl Scout Brownie outfits!

E and Cheap Chica-- thanks! I was pretty pleased too with the turnout!

Anonymous said...

Great combo! I love that top and the purple and yellow accents are fabu!

Toni said...

Like this a lot. Love the combo color thing happening.

Ally-Double Dog Dare you to post a pic of the "early" years. All I remember are a lot of BEHS sweatshirts and polos:-) Not exactly the style queens that you both are today!

Ashley said...

I think I'd have to see this outfit in person...not sure how i feel about it. There's a lot of pressure to love it since I'm in the minority, but I can't say I LOVE it. However, I think I'd like this a lot more in person. For me, it's too much going on.

Ally said...

Toni - I'm so tempted!! I found an old Girl Scout one in front of Key Market circa 1987ish. Classic!

I need to find some from when I had a perm!!!

Tara Wasson said...

I encourage the old school pictures!

Ally said...

Careful, Tara...everyone's fair game! :) Just kidding!!!

Tracey said...

Love the sweater over the top.. very cute!

Jamie said...

This has to be one of my MOST FAVORITE outfits you have put together, I LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

KT said...

Funny story- My friend just popped into my office to show me her new top. I said "Wait a minute and check this out" I pulled up your blog because I knew I remembered that top! It's yours! Cute!