Sunday, June 22, 2008

Weekend - Tracey

T-shirt - Old Navy

Skirt - J Crew

Necklace - design by Sarah Balmer

Bangles - Forever 21

Shoes - Steve Madden


Sunday was dinner with my Step-dad, step-brother and sister and their families to celebrate a belated Father's Day. We went to the new Our Best restaurant in Jeffersonville. Now, I'm not usually one for down home country cookin', but this was some good eatin'! I had the biggest piece of peanut butter pie for dessert. The girl said it was the last piece in the pan, so instead of cutting it in half, she just gave me the whole thing!

I hate shorts and only wear them when I absolutely have to. Like doing yard work... which I NEVER do. Casual cotton skirts are my subsitute for shorts in the summer. They are cool, casual options for us ladies that don't have the prettiest of thighs.






Here is a closeup of my necklace. I've been hearing a lot of talk about "statement knecklaces" lately. I would have to say that I think this necklace would fit into that catagory. The stone is about 2" high and 1" wide, so it's pretty substantial. It was made by local artist Sarah Balmer. I have a couple of her pieces and I just love them. She uses quality materials and her pieces are done well. Her designs can be found at Scout (which I mentioned in this post here) and some other boutiques around town.





And last but not least are my leopard peep-toe flat wedges. I started thinking today when I had these on that along with my hate of Crocs, I am developing a hate of rubber flip flops. (Sorry, Les... I know you have a post wearing flippies, and you look adorable in them, but...) I guess I don't get when these started being acceptable to wear off of the beach and out to dinner? I guess about the time that it started to be acceptable to wear your pajamas to the grocery store? I just don't know. The only place I've worn rubber flip flops in the last year has been out to walk the dog and on my uncle's boat. These little flats are adorable and they take just as little effort to put on as a flip flop... and they look so much better. Just say NO to the flips, girls! I will step off of my soap box now. :)

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Lookin very chic today lady! I will have to say that I have a sad love affair with my flip flops. I do tend to wear them when I shouldn't :)

Tracey said...

Shame on you, girlie! It's ok.. I still love all of my flip flop and croc wearin friends :) I'll just make fun of you girls when you wear them.. hehe

Ally said...

I haaaaaaaaaaaaaate flip flops too. HATE. But you know this :)

We have one of those Our Best restaurants by us - it's tasty!!

Pearly said...

Very pretty. I love that necklace

Leslie said...

This dumb thing must not like me because it wont let my comment go through!

Anyhow, I was saying, I do understand on the flip flops. However, we all know that I allow nothing flat on my foot and they don't make those little wedge flats for cheap. Hence, I end up in flip flops on the weekends.

You sound like Tim Gunn on his soap box!