Friday, June 6, 2008

Friday- Leslie

Seersucker Pants: Issac Mizrahi at Target

Shirt: Banana Republic Factory Outlet

Belt: The Limited

Shoes: Nine West

Necklace: Stolen from my sister (she's going to notice after this is published anyhow, might as well just get it out there)



Is there anything that screams "summer in the south" more than seersucker? In honor of the mid-August heat wave that arrived 2 months early to Kentucky, I decided to wear the seersucker today.

The big brown belt is in honor of Big Brown as he attempts to become the first Triple Crown winner in my lifetime tomorrow (well, really it just goes with the outfit, but I really do hope Big Brown wins!)

Total side note, I feel like my hair looks quite dark in these photos. People who know me--is my hair really this dark?? Or is it the lighting???

6 comments:

Ally said...

It's the lighting me thinks. My arse is too big for seersucker, but I love it.

You SO don't want to see me today - tank top and fuzzy pants! I took off today (mental health day) and didn't bother getting properly dressed!

I hope Big Brown wins too. My UPS guy gave me a "Go Big Brown" button :)

KT said...

Cute look and I'm with you on Big Brown! Very exciting. I'm already thinking about my hat for the Derby next year...

Barbie said...

Concerning your shoe problem in the previous post - if you don't mind ordering online, check out cutesygirl.com! They have tons of cute shoes for super cheap!
Also, great blog! I love this outfit, and that leopard print show is fabulous.

Leslie said...

Kt- I just wore my first hat this year and am now obsessed! Ive been a Derby/Oaks girl for years but used to have very short hair so I felt like a boy in a hat. But I got into it this year! Im going to start looking around January and plan my outfit around the hat!

Barbie- thanks for the tip--I've never heard of that site and I'll check it out. I LOVE online shopping. The UPS man and I practically are friends.

Ally said...

Les - Greg, the UPS guy, is the best! I have to practically kick him out of the office some days - he's chatty!

KT said...

I feel you with the online shopping. I barely know how to act at a store anymore. I do everyhting online. Makeup, clothes, shoes, accessories. I'm going to invite the UPS guy to Thanksgiving. I even bought my Derby hat online!