Friday, June 20, 2008

Friday -- Ally

Cardigan: Cherokee (Target)

Tank/shell: Merona (Target)

Belt: Metro 9 (Walmart)

Dress: Charlotte Russe

Jewelry: Walmart

Heels: Stuart Weitzman (Zappos Outlet)

Flats: Crocs (Mama)

Bag: Michael Kors

We'll talk about my feelings for Crocs another day. In short: I'm a walking contradiction.

I didn't get a chance to photograph my outfit so these pics will have to do. I met a coworker at Yew Dell Gardens after work so I swapped my beloved Weitzmans for flats. I'd hate to get stuck in a flower garden! They currently have a sculpture exhibit and I couldn't resist posing with the art. If you live in the area, go visit this place now. It's incredible and so peaceful. I was a guest of a member ($25/yr... a real bargain!) and we attended a private tour and wine & cheese event. It was just lovely and a great way to round out a hectic week.

Since I'm a day behind in posting, you'll have to excuse the out-of-order posting/events. After the garden tour, I met Maria and my boyfriend for dinner. Maria snapped this photo of me as we were leaving the restaurant. It was storming like crazy; we even had hail at one point!!!!



I am trying new color combos and thought the teal tank with orange bracelets and an orange bag would be a nice combo with the black/ivory of the dress. I got several compliments so I think it worked!

Kimberly at Fab Finds for $50 was today's inspiration. She layers over dresses and it's so pretty and deliberate. I just love it. I've had this dress stuffed in the guest room closet for a while because it just doesn't work as a dress on me as well as I'd like. The top is strapless and smocked. It ties in the back. If you know me at all, you know I'm a bit chesty so it just doesn't work. At all. You can't wear a bra with it and that's just NOT an option for this gal!





In Color Me Shocked news, I found some killer jewelry at Walmart. Picked up the beaded necklace I'm wearing for $5 and the set of three sparkly orange bracelets for $2.50 on clearance. I also scored some other goodies but I'm holding out on you :)

Just like yesterday, I'll post about my bag later. It's Michael Kors Chestertown patent satchel for you Googlers. Leslie enabled me and Tracey justified it. I love you girls.

8 comments:

Pearly said...

cute color combo, why are you leaving me wanting more? I need to see up close pics of the accesories.

Jamie said...

You look adorable! That statue has its hand on your butt!!

Tracey said...

yay! I'm glad you decided to keep the bag. So cute :)

Anonymous said...

A- Love the pic of you in the hand!
B- I have a feeling you and I are in the same boat with Crocs. I hate the concept, but boy are they comfy (at least you have the cute Crocs!)
C- I feel so honored to be your layering inspiration and so glad you could get some use out of that dress. It is so cute!
D- Love the pops of color!

Ally said...

Close ups of the accessories are forthcoming!!

Thanks, J! The hand was smoooooooth too :)

Trae - I'm SO GLAD I kept the bag too. I sorta love it.

Kimberly - Thank you thank you! I hate the regular Crocs you see everyone wearing and I'll never wear those. However, the ballet flats are cute and I wear mine often.

Leslie said...

Always happy to encourage and enable :-)

Daniel said...

CROCS?!?!?!?!!?111

I'm so ashamed.

Ally said...

Daniel - you've seen said offending shoes and didn't gasp then :)

Besides, you used to wear pleated front pants not too long ago. heeheehee