Sunday, June 29, 2008

Weekend -- Ally

I worked both days this weekend so I had to wear something other than pants with an elastic waist. *sigh* ;) Fortunately, we're allowed to wear denim on weekends so long as it's cute and pulled-together. No rock tshirts, sweatshirts, tank tops, etc.

Since I worked these two days, I get Monday/Friday off. Friday was spent running around with Tracey and later meeting Al and friends. I'm posting Friday's outfit with Saturday/Sunday because it's weekend enough for me!

Friday: ON LOCATION!!! :)

Black "wrap" top: NYandCo. ($12)

Jeans: Gap curvy fit

Scarf: Banana Republic (gift)

Sunnies: Maxstudio

Pink leather bangle: JCP ($10 - from my haul earlier in the month)

Bag: Michael Kors

Shoes: Crocs Prima




Just the right outfit for an afternoon of beer, shopping, beer again, free concert, then um...beer. What?!? It was my day off! Tracey supervised my behavior so I can assure I was good! :)

Saturday:
Cardi: NYandCo. ($10 super clearance)

Tank: Mossimo

Jeans: Gap

Brown peep toe wedges: Nine West

Necklace: gift











I had a belt over the tank when I left the house but I was crazy busy at work and it just had to go. I think the outfit still looks cute without it. This is the same top/cardi I wore in this post - just swapped the pants and shoes!


My mama got this necklace for me. Not sure where it came from, but knowing her, it was a steal. I learned bargain shopping at a VERY early age from an excellent teacher! :)

You can see the satiny detail on the tank a little better too. The center "v" and edge are satin and the rest is a super soft, drapey cotton. Al took the pic and it turned into more of a boob shot than I asked for. Men!


Sunday:
Black blouse: Worthington (JCP) ($17? I forget. I have it in orange too)

Denim pencil skirt: Lands' End ($35)

Belt: JCP ($8)

Flats: Crocs Prima (gift)













So let's talk about these shoes. I loathe the Crocs clogs you see people tripping over and children wearing. HATE THEM. Ditto on flip flops. I think if you're being THAT casual, you should reevaluate if you ought to leave the house in the first place.

However, these aren't those big clunky Crocs and they're downright cute. They're ridiculously comfortable and that's necessary for me when I'm at work. I walk a lot (especially on weekends when I'm flying solo) and the stilettos get old and painful. I toss these in the car most days and I also have a pair in red. My only complaint is they eat my toenail polish. I'll take them off and an entire toe will be without polish - weird!!!

How cute is this belt?? It was one of my steals from the JCP haul a couple of weeks ago. I got it for $8. The leopard is fuzzy and the black is patent. LOVE IT. The buckle kinda reminds me of the Fendi buckles, just cheaper :)



Whew! That was quite the update! I'm off tomorrow (Monday) and I hope to finish up the closet (have I ever mentioned I'm all about being lazy and putting off stuff??). I'll post pics of that annnnnd I have a fun surprise post coming up too!

8 comments:

E said...

Oh fer cute (sorry, Minnesotan Slang popping into my head!)! The denim pencil skirt was practically made for you!
As for the shoes--I've never seen Crocs looks so cute! I do have a pair of bright yellow clogs that I sometimes wear (don't hate me! I use them mostly for painting!), but I was living in their birth place when they got popular (CO), and they really are outrageously comfortable... Oh well. I guess I'm not as opposed to them as the fashionistas are! But Flip-Flops!? (I call them flippers)... Honey, you're attacking my favorite "shoe!" You must think I am the laziest chick on the planet! I wear them constantly. Summer, Spring, Fall, and sometimes in the winter! I do agree that they are very casual, but if they have a heel of some sort and aren't rubber, I absolutely deem them work appropriate (but perhaps that's just the lenient rules where I have been employed...) Yikes. I might need to reevaluate my footwear!

Leslie said...

Dont worry e, I wear flip flops on occasion as well.

I really enjoy the top outfit, Al!

Anonymous said...

Ally, so cute - all three looks! Highlights - 1) love the necklace from your mom. It is so fantastic! 2) the scarf in the first look I love. I need to wear scarves more when just kickin' it casual in jeans 3) love the Fendi "B" belt-esque belt. Leopard & Patent?! What could be better!

Ally said...

E - I forgive you (and most people) for the flip flops - promise! They're just too casual most of the time. I'm reminded of the girls that visited the White House a few years back and they were all in flip flops. I was horrified - as were their mothers. Flip flops are very cute with jeans and a graphic t (as you do so well) but they have their time and place. I think people in general dress a bit too casual (pjs at the grocery) and it just makes me sad. I still <3 you though :)

Les - Thanks! When I tried on that shirt Trae said "BUY THAT NOW" before I even had it on all the way :)

Kimberly - Thanks, doll! That necklace is all plastic so it's super light. It looks like stones until you get right up on it.

KT said...

LOVE the bag! And forgive me for my flip flops, but I promise I don't wear jammies in public!

Ally said...

Thanks, KT! I forgive you too! The PJs at the grocery KILL ME. Al gets so tickled by it he's now pointing out people for me to roll my eyes and bitch about :)

Jamie said...

Al - you look adorable! I really love your choices! And I absolutely agree that PJs in the grocery store crack me up.

Ally said...

Thanks, J! They're awful, right? I don't understand why one doesn't just slip on some old jeans and THEN leave the house? My PJ bottoms, while ultra comfortable, just aren't ready to be seen outside the house.

Actually, I take that back. This past Christmas I left our place in them and we went directly to my parents' house for presents and breakfast. :)