Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Wednesday- Leslie



Wrap Dress: CAbi

Orange Cami: The Limited

Orange Heels: Schutz

Ok so I almost decided not to even post today because I'm not feeling very cute at all (and I'm ok with that--this isn't some "compliment me and make me feel better post"--we all have our good and bad days). Not at my best today, folks. However, I figure it's only fair to show you the good days and the bad ones both. :-)

First of all, let's start with the good. I'm still in love with my orange heels. But my pointy toe is already getting scuffed up!!! How can I keep it looking good??? I have already had tips put on. Any ideas? I'm thinking it may just go with the territory of wearing pointy toe shoes.

Now onto the not so good... I adore wrap dresses. Love how easy they are, comfortable, cute, fashionable.....and every fashion expert says how they are universally flattering on everyone. I don't think they've ever met me. Don't get me wrong-- I don't think its atrocious by any means--but it certainly doesn't do anything to flatter me like other outfits I don't think. I think it's because I don't have a very defined waist. I am a true "apple" shape I believe. I certainly wont stop wearing this dress as its knit and oh so comfortable--but it certainly wont be a top "go to" outfit when I need something that makes me look my best.

In fact, I have trouble finding dresses that fit me well in general. I have very few in my closet as a result and you have to understand that I LOVE dresses--love the look, the simplicity, how lady-like they are. It's the one item I truly don't have enough of.

Anyone out there have a similar issue? Any ideas on brands, dress styles, etc that may work for me?

And don't fear dear blog readers--tomorrow's outfit is going to be really good. I'm going to make sure it is. And when I tell you why, you'll understand :-) It's the one day of the year you have to look your best.

5 comments:

KT said...

I'm with you on wrap dresses. I love them and they are easy to wear. Here is what I have found: I was wearing my wrap dresses with a cami underneath. My reason for doing this was I was afraid of benig a little to showy with my girls. But at the same time I was interfering with the look and neckline of the dress and making myself look more bulky than I really am. So now I use boob tape and it works like a charm. I also wear a longer necklace that wraps around a few times in graduating lengths so I don't feel like I have a giant open space where I was used to having my cami.

http://www.hollywoodfashiontape.com/products_tape.cfm

Kasmira said...

You've probably already seen this on my blog, but sometimes I cover my wrap dress' self belt with a wider belt. Maybe something you want to try?

http://whatiwore2day.blogspot.com/2008/04/in-navy.html
http://whatiwore2day.blogspot.com/2008/01/navy-wrap-dress.html
http://whatiwore2day.blogspot.com/2007/09/silver-and-navy.html
http://whatiwore2day.blogspot.com/2007/03/st-louis-day-1-nautical.html

and, OMG, I can't believe I haven't tried this with my yellow belt, yet.

CDPGreek said...

Chadwicks.com has some pretty amazing finds... their shoes can be awesome too. Since you said you have a passion for dresses though, you should check out their dresses. Most are around $30-60; very inexpensive for [what I think is]the high-quality of clothing you get.

The wrap dress you wore is mi favorita! I love wrap dresses. It's as close to PJs as you can get if they're made of the right fabric.

Ally said...

Les, you know how I love a dress. I think they look better on you than you give yourself credit for. Promise!

KT - Hollywood Fashion tape keeps my girls in place on a regular basis. LOVE IT.

CDP - I like Chadwick's a lot but have never ordered...with no good reason either! Our friend Kim orders from there on a regular basis though and always has cute stuff.

Leslie said...

I usually dont have enough clevage to worry about the falling out of the dress problem, kt :-) Haha--but yes, I am with you though, I tend to wear a cami to work with a wrap dress as a "just in case". Dont need Big Boss Man to see the girls.

Kasmira--help me out here...I have seen all your great belts with your wrap dress and love the look! However, my belt with the dress is pretty thick and bulky--anyway to hide it or tuck it in to smooth everything down that you've found?

cdpgreek--I used to shop Chadwicks all the time and frankly stopped when i moved out of mom and dads and stopped getting the catalog--nothing more than that! I see people with cute stuff all the time--I'm going to have to check it out!! Thanks for the suggestion.