Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Wednesday -- Ally

Today we're on location! Trae and I spent the afternoon/evening together and took the opportunity to take pictures of our cute outfits. She'll be posting later today or tomorrow. She's got a lot going on right now :)

Dress: Worthington via JCP

Sunglasses: Maxstudio (TJMaxx)

Shoes: Stuart Weitzman (Zappos outlet)














I bought this dress to wear to The Oaks but ended up hating the hat I ordered. Had to make other plans and this dress was too cute to return. It's super comfortable and the perfect length. I'm just under 5'3 so most dresses are too long but not this one! I'm sure it'd be hoochie-coochie on taller ladies, but that's not my problem! :)

The dress has soft pleats all around it so it's very accommodating and forgiving. The satin trim is very sharp too.

Had an early-morning meeting w/the CEO, so the tan cardigan I wore last week looked cute on top of this. I'm not a fan of showing skin to the person who signs your paychecks. It's kinda tacky, right? We were all raised better than that!

Remember when I said I like to hold some shoes like a newborn? This is one of those pairs. I got a hell of a deal on them, but they were still pretty pricey. Oh how I wish shoes were $29.95 still!!!

I put them on at 8am and got home at 10:15pm. I didn't take them off at any point in the day and my feet don't hurt a bit. That's a good shoe!





I think it's finally time to retire my beloved OPI Russian Navy for the summer. I can't help but love dark colors on my toes (I never, ever polish my nails). I'm pale so it looks nice and it's more interesting than boring pink. What's your favorite color for summer?

***That's the famous Louisville Palace Theatre behind me. It's beautiful inside and if you've never been, GO!***

8 comments:

KT said...

I love Russian Navy and hated giving it up for summer. However, my new favorite Yummy Mummy made up for it!
http://www.butterlondon.com
I love these products. I buy mine from Amazon. Seriously I can not believe how much longer my polish lasts without chipping.
P.S. I have been to the area in your picture during the Derby. It took us 45 minutes to get down a small area of the street on foot! Crazy busy but we got to see the Goo Goo Dolls playing outside for free. And we wound up in some fun bar where everyone was wearing kilts!

Jamie said...

Oh I just love that dress!!! Sorry ladies that I have been out of it this weekend. The evil sickness has left me extremely not cute!

I need to make a Zappos run next time I am in the ville. But I better wait until I find a new job :)

Ally said...

KT - I've never heard of that brand. I've always used OPI b/c my mom used to do hair (and keeps her license current) so I get it at cost (about 3.50/bottle). Always been cheaper for me to get that than to even bother w/drugstore stuff. I might give it a whirl!

Sounds like you went down to 4th Street Live. It's a trainwreck! hahaha My favorite place down there is The Pub (where you went). Men in kilts is never bad. ;)

J -- Thanks! JCP surprises the heck out of me w/some of the cute stuff they have.

Glad you're feeling better and YES we def need to make a Zappos run when you're down next. I'll save some coupons!

Leslie said...

LOVE the dress--so cute and flattering. And you know my affinity for flesh tone heels!

Anonymous said...

I love the Zappos outlet! I have only ever been to the one in Las Vegas (which is kind of funny given I live up in Indy). I need to make a roadtrip down there sometime soon. I always stock up in LV and then have to ship all my purchases home! So glad I found your ladies' blog - it is so fun how you all share your stylish outfits!

Ally said...

Kimberly - I'm glad you found us too! I've really enjoyed your blog also - refreshing to find more ladies our age who don't spend their entire paycheck on cute clothes :)

If you come down this way, let us know and we'll make an event of it. I mean, you need enabling, right?? :)

D. said...

I really like the dress, and the shoes of course. i can't believe you wore them all day and they didn't hurt!

Ally said...

Splashy - I can't believe they didn't hurt either. Guess I should buy more Weitzman's, huh? DARN! :)