Thursday, June 5, 2008

Thursday- Leslie



Shirt: The Limited
Pants: CAbi
Shoes: Charles David via Zappos Clearance Rack


Speaking of shoes....well, I walk quite a bit for work (more on that in a later post) so I readily admit I am rough on shoes. Three summers ago I found 3 different pair of flesh tone shoes on clearance racks and bought them all--the way I saw it, they go with everything and you can never have too many pair in that color. Plus, one was plain (the ones seen above), and the other 2 were slightly detailed differently so they weren't all the same!

Well, needless to say, after 3 years, they are all pretty fried. In fact, I was commenting to a co-worker today that I just wanted to get through the summer particularly with my Charles David's and then I would let them retire and go shopping for new shoes.

Well fate didn't agree with me and they wanted to retire....today. As I am walking to the mailbox this evening, the heel breaks. Breaks. Bye bye $20 Charles David's.

I'm still a little bummed. They were the most comfortable pair of heels I've ever owned and I'll never again find them for $20. Those things were $200 retail!

So I am now in the market for pointy toe (must be pointy toe--you'll learn they are a trademark of mine) heels in 3 colors-- nude, dark brown, and red. And just so we are all on the same page, since I'm so hard on heels (I usually have them reheeled and tipped every couple months), I refuse to pay over $60 a pair. Help a girl out--let me know of any deals you see!

6 comments:

Ally said...

That's the second broken heel this week for us! Wonder if Trae or Jamie will make the list too?

Leslie said...

They do share our love of heels...and with all the potholes around town, I'd say odds could be in our favor!

KT said...

As a fellow shopping addict I have to suggest www.endless.com
It kicks Zappos' butt! Free overnight shipping and an awesome selection. And for cute handbags check out
http://www.shopsueyboutique.com/

Have fun with your cute blog!

Leslie said...

I havent been on Endless in a while--I'll have to look! I got spoiled by Zappos for a while--I live about 15 minutes from their distribution center and when no one hardly knew about it, everything in the store was $20 regardless of brand. Well, now they actually advertise and such and everything is priced higher :-( Still good deals--but not the same thrill! I've never heard of the handbag site--I'm going to check it out, thanks!

Jamie said...

Well all I have to say is that after 4 years of mastering 22miles a game day in heels, I am still in love with them :)

SHOEGAL said...

Take the to a cobbler and see if he can mend them. I had a boot heel break clean off a few years ago and it was fixable.