Sunday, June 8, 2008

Weekend -- Ally

Ahh weekends. I work the occasional weekend, but this weekend wasn't one of them! Most of the time, I'm lucky if I wear anything that doesn't have an elastic waist, but we went out once and I had a baby/bridal combo shower to attend (Note: the shower was for two different ladies...though hilarity would ensue if it were for the same person!).

Friday night:


Tank: New York & Company

Jeans: Gap

Clutch: Jessica Simpson ($20 at TJ Maxx. Score!)

Shoes: Gianni Bini ($17 @ Dillard's several years ago)











I'd like to say this shirt makes my arms look fat, but my fat makes my fat look fat -ha!- so I can't let that innocent shirt take the fall. However, it's ridiculously hot in Kentucky for June (93 degrees as I type this) and I just had to suck it up and go with what was comfortable. Cotton and sleeveless fit the bill. I'm glad I went that route because we ended up bowling and the AC was out...thank goodness for cheap draft beer!

Saturday:

Shirt: Worthington

Jeans: Gap

Belt: Wet Seal

Clutch: Jessica Simpson

Shoes: Nine West










Saturday morning I got up bright and early (it was especially bright and early considering how late we got in!) and drove two hours to attend the shower. It was great to visit with my sorority sisters, nuzzle babies, and eat cake.

The yellow belt is one of my favorite accessories, yet I rarely wear it. It was one of those last-minute purchases and I'm glad I did! It's a metallic yellow but subtle in its metallicness. The top has some super cute details and was a real bargain at $17. I bought it in orange as I tend to buy multiples when I find something I like (you'll tire of this easily. Promise.).

No Sunday shots b/c NO ONE wants to see this...haha. I'm trying to find a good spot in the house to take photos but so far, eh. My boyfriend took the first one but he's a foot taller than I am and the other I took on a timer and you miss my shoes. We'll get something worked out I'm sure.

7 comments:

Leslie said...

The whole belted look really works on you! I try it and it looks fine on me but nothing special--it really looks great on you and is oh so slimming!!!

Ally said...

Thanks, honey! I think it'd look good on you - maybe you've not found the right size belt yet? I've found the wider belts look better on me than thinner ones.

Lord knows I can use all the slimming I can get! :)

Toni said...

Well i think that belt looks cute. I've worn Leslie's yellow belt once or twice and I really love it. Just fun!!!

Ally said...

Thanks, Toni! I think yellow is such a fun color. I'm always iffy with pairing it with red b/c it's so BEHS, but that's just a personal hang up!

Jamie said...

Yeah you are super cute!

KT said...

If it makes you feel any better it is as hot in Ohio as it is in Kentucky right now. Damn I do not do well in this heat! I have my third sunburn of the year already. It's going to be a long summer...

Ally said...

Misery loves company, KT! I'm in Louisville and OMG. The humidity of the Ohio Valley...good thing I have naturally straight hair else it'd be trouble!!

I've not gotten a sunburn yet but I tend to slather on the sunscreen before even leaving the house. Hell, I carry spf 70 in my purse!