Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wednesday -- Ally

Our fashionable friend Leslie is super sick , so here's to her feeling better soon! You just can't be sick on vacation!!! Get better, kitten!


Cropped birdie cardi: Mossimo

Pleated tank: New York & Co.

Pants: east 5th (JCP)

Wedges: Isaac Mizrahi for Target

Michelle Obama-esque pearls: Walmart ($8)

Bracelets: gifts







I don't wear this cardigan much and for no good reason. It's plenty cute, but I think it's related to my deep hatred of birds.


I told Al the other night I think Michelle Obama will be our generation's Jackie O. Women across the country are buying dresses like hers, belts like hers and I even got a necklace like the one she wears. I'm not much for pearls, but she doesn't seem to be either. She makes them look tough and I'm trying!







These are from a couple years ago. LOVE THEM.













I finally settled with a new color for summer!

2 coats of Wet 'n Wild Golden Pink (#483C)
1 coat of OPI's Your Villa or Mine?

I think it makes my feet look dirty, but I'll get over it. I'm so used to dark toe colors!





The bracelet on the left is one I've had for almost 10 years. I got it right when I joined my sorority and it really means a lot to me. I wear it almost daily.

The one on the right is one I found while cleaning my closet this weekend! It's a Brighton and really not my style but I like it well enough.







This was a gift to myself :)

I've heard good things about Swiss Army watches and I've had this one for almost two years. The only issue I've had is with the band, and it's because the place that adjusted it did a crap job and almost broke it.

The band on this watch looks different, but it's the same watch, just a newer model.

17 comments:

KT said...

LOVE the cardigan. It is very, very cute!

kjentzen said...

hey, i just read your post about your skinny boyfriend. i have one too and i love him to death. we found a solution for the jean issue, buy girls jeans. Size 6 long (old navy or levi). they are way cheaper then designer mens jeans and still fit great. just be careful to not buy anything too flared.
good luck

Ally said...

Thanks, KT!!

kjentzen - Thanks for the tip! He's actually put on a few pounds (whoops!) and between that and wearing a "slim" style jean, we've found a style/size of Levi's that fits well and available at Sears of all places.

He's ordering slacks from Lands End as they'll accommodate any size. Even 31 x 35 :)

Anonymous said...

I love the birdy cardi! I hate birds in person but like them decoratively. As for getting my skirt for $6 - no fair! I just bought it yesterday and it was still $14 up here. Add that to the fact that you are way closer to the Zappos outlet and I am just downright sad! :-(

Ally said...

Louisville did rank as The Most Livable City (or something like that) of its size recently. ;)

However, you have H&M, Steve & Barry and even Trader Joe's. We have none of those :((((((((((

KT said...

I'm with you Ally- I am over not having Steve & Barry's in C-bus. The distribution center is here, but no store. At least we have H&M. Whew!

Ally said...

We have heaps of awesome local shops, but I just can't afford to shop there. I really would just settle for an H&M.

Anonymous said...

We just got a H&M on the northside a few months ago (before that it was just downtown which was a pain since I live in a northside suburb). As for Steve & Barry's it is at a less than desireable mall, but I do the 35 mile roundtrip trek occasionally. I had read they were planning a major expansion of stores in 07/08, but that cooled given the current economy. A lot of retailers are holding off on new stores openings right now (I deal with Commercial Real Estate/Leasing).
If you are up for a "fun" shopping experience you should check to see if you have a Dots near by. :-)

Ally said...

I have a Dots very close to me - never been in there. It's kinda in a ghetto strip mall and I usually just drive on by...worth checking out next time!!

I think you, KT and I are in similar work fields except we're in residential not commercial.

KT said...

I was just in an Indy IREM class in May with a bunch of Indy commercial people. I did commercial for a bit but I really prefer residential for some nutsy reason.

Anonymous said...

I think it is a prerequisite for all Dots to be in ghetto strip malls and yes, they do sell "Baby Girl" tube tops. However, there are som good finds from time to time and for super cheap. It is a good place to get some fun jewelry at also. I have a Dots tag - you will have to check out the couple dresses, etc. I have scored there.
KT - good, old IREM! I am sure people from my company were there. I handle all of the lease administration and some propery management functions for a nation wide (mostly retail and office with some industrial)portfolio that is around 4 Million SF/ a little over 300 Tenants. It keeps me busy. Any kind of real estate always keeps things exciting though!

Ally said...

I'm going to have to check out this place! I look awesome in a tube top. *snort*

Goodness! I bet that does keep you busy!! I've always been on the residential side. 98% of the time, I get out of bed excited about work - I really love what I do. My co-workers and I joke all the time we should write a book compiling all the stupid things we hear and all the reasons rent is late!

E said...

Oh my gosh, that cardigan is amazing!!! Super, super cute look on you!

PS Found your blog through the Lovely Kimberly and you and your friends are just darling :) I'll be back to siphon inspiration!

Leslie said...

Love that pleated tank underneath--what a different look that gives than just a simple cami!

SHOEGAL said...

This is a GREAT blog and you all look fab! Want to trade links?

Ally, you've just inspired me with a new way to wear my round neck cardis.

STYLE AND THE CITY . COM - PARIS said...

hi from Paris Ally

I am right now covering the Paris fashion week that began last week and still for few days,
I try to forget nobody interested in fashion and style like you because I know that it could help you to find some inspiration for your coming styles.
Dior, Hermès, Agnès B... I hope you'll like my photo coverage.

have a great evening and keep on being stylish

Kamel
WWW.STYLEANDTHECITY.COM

Virginia Janet said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.