Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Thursday -- Ally

***This is a little late - sorry! My dear, sweet friend and sorority sister, Maria, was in town for the evening and we just HAD to stuff ourselves on Indian food. No time for blogging!***


Silk skirt: WD*NY (TJMaxx deal courtesy of Mama. She buys me the cutest stuff)

Top: No idea. Cheapo from TJMaxx from years ago. Mama might have bought it for me too.

Shoes: Nine West. I love these babies. No close up shot today b/c I sorta forgot.

Bag: Furla. More on her later!








Today's laundry day. Y'all have those outfits, right? Yup. This one's close to tragic and in the interest of being 100% honest, I'm going to over-share today.

My skirt is too big and too long so that makes for a WAY too long skirt. What's a girl to do? Oh, you know, PIN IT TO HER BRA. Seriously. How trailer is that? *sigh* It worked, however, and I made it through the day. The instant I got home, I unpinned that sucker and threw it in the back of the closet where I found it this morning, remembering why the damn thing was in the back in the first place. Anyone want it? Free to a good home.*


See that ivory peeking out from under the shirt? Uh huh. That's another pattern repeat on the skirt. There's 6-8 more inches of skirt up there. :)

It's actually really lovely. It's silk and has embroidery and some beautiful flat sequins on it. I can't get it hemmed unless I go to someone who can take a hunk out of the brown section else the skirt would look silly. Regardless, it's getting a new home :)












The bright, shining spot in my day? My bag. I looooooooooooooove this bag. Like T's Marc by Marc Jacobs bag, she's cute but certainly not cheap.

I went to Rome a little over a year ago and this was my souvenir. Some people buy postcards, others sweatshirts. I buy expensive leather goods.

I don't remember the style name, but I have the tag at home somewhere. I'll post about it another day. Maybe I'll give Romina (what you don't name your bags?) her own spotlight blog entry :)

She's so smooth and is soft and slick and just perfect. It's silly, yes, but I'll never forget sitting on a bench on Via Nazionale in front of the Furla boutique waiting for it to open. The Romans are on their own laid back schedule so opening promptly wasn't a priority. Those 20 minutes of sitting and people watching are some of my best memories of the trip.

Kasmira of What I Wore Today was a big inspiration in this outfit despite it not really working. She has great "tutorials" about wearing and mixing color and her "How to wear brown and black" section was a great help. I'm now on the search for more colors to mix.


*Seriously. Email me and it's yours. allisonrae AT gmail DOT com

5 comments:

Kasmira said...

Wow, thanks for the shout out! Your bag looks truly scrumptious.

Toni said...

I'm not a purse person. I just want one that holds my stuff but I LOVE that bag!!! See a good tailor about getting your skirt fixed. Even if you spent $25 you could still have something to wear and it would be just as cute as it is already!

Ally said...

Kasmira - Thank YOU for your wonderful inspiration - I love how you just go for it.

Toni - I really should but I have so much hate built into the skirt already...

You'd love the bag even more in person. It's sooo nice to touch. And it holds stuff :)

Leslie said...

This is ADORABLE! You totally need to save this skirt!

Ally said...

You think? I'm emailing you a picture of the rest of it. Poor quality but you'll get the idea.