Friday, June 20, 2008

Friday-- Leslie


Top: Bitten by SJP

Black Skirt: The Limited

Brown Belt: The Limited

Leopard Print Pumps: Nine West

Leopard Print Scarf: Stolen from my grandmother

Decided to use my leopard print accessories today to ease into wearing black and brown together. I think the colors look so chic worn together but it's scary because people said it was such a faux pas for so many years.

I really love this skirt. You can't tell in the picture but it has buttons all down the side. I bought the same skirt in a colored tweed when they came out and the black one was only available one size larger so I went ahead and bought it even though I could grab wads of fabric at my hips. I can't believe I would ever be happy at being a size larger or anything but I am soooo glad this skirt still fits. It's truly one of my favorite items in my closet. You can probably tell I have a real affinity for the knee length pencil skirt. Since I am built so straight, I've found I can wear it without "bumps" at my hips as my mom so eloquently says and it actually adds some curves.

Received a ton of compliments on this outfit at work today. I think it was the classy- conservative at the top that worked it's way down to high leopard print peep toes that gave the extra spark that people seemed to comment on.

Funny comment from a co-worker today--she described someone as "the one who dresses like a nice church girl." I said in my best offended voice, "I'm a nice church girl!!!!" (and I am). The response, "Yes, but you're flashy." Not much to say in response there.

4 comments:

Toni said...

Totally into the shoes. This is my kind of outfit!

Anyone ever heard of MY favorite place to shop??? It's called "Shop Leslie at Home" and twice a year, I get the very best deals out there! Ask her about it sometime. Too bad those shoes won't fit me.

Tracey said...

This is my fave outfit on you so far, Les... It's so "Sexy Librarian". I love the leopard print.. rawr! ;)

KT said...

Awesome look!!!

Ally said...

You're flashy. heeheehee <3