Sunday, June 22, 2008

Weekend -- Ally

What a beautiful, much-needed weekend! Outside is finally feeling like June and not August, so that means a less-fussy Ally and more time outside (with much sunscreen, mind you).

Saturday we enjoyed dinner with friends to celebrate a birthday. After that we went to Bed, Bath and Beyond. Al, my boyfriend, went along begrudgingly but ended up buying things too! We went just for hangers but left with heaps of stuff. More on the closet in a future post!


Sweater: Americal Living (JCPenney)

Jeans: Gap Curvy jeans

Shoes: Nine West

Necklace: Wet Seal? It came from one of those slutty teenager stores in the mall. You know the ones I'm talking about. The clothes are so small you have to be 15 to wear them, but they're not appropriate for a 15-year-old.

Sunglasses: MaxStudio (Not the same style but very close)

Bag: Michael Kors

Please disregard the Take-the-damn-picture-already face. It was a busy time on a busy street and I felt like a tourist.



I really like the button detail on the shoulder. It's functional too since the sweater isn't very stretchy (it's cotton) and I happen to have a very big head. :)










Let's talk a bit about summer sweaters. Al had never heard of such a thing and thought it was quite the oxymoron. I told him a thin cotton sweater is quite fine for the summer and isn't silly at all. We discussed it at dinner and all the women agreed and in fact owned summer sweaters. Our boyfriends/husbands all agreed with each other that a sweater of any sort was silly in the summer. Thoughts? Do the men out there think it's crazy to wear a sweater when it's 80 degrees or is it just semantics?


These shoes are well-loved! They're very worn and need a little TLC. They're my spring/summer/fall go-to shoe becausc the height is just right for every thing I own and they're super comfortable. I don't remember where I purchased them either - it might have been Zappos but I just can't remember.





Since I love you all so, I won't be posting an outfit from Sunday. Stretchy fuzzy pants and an old tshirt from college - NOT CUTE! It's closet clean-out day so here's to hoping I find something seriously cute that I forgot I owned!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have that same sweater in Turquoise!
I can't wait to see your closet transformation.

Tracey said...

I totally get the summer seater idea. The sweater I posted on this past Tuesday's outfit is a summer sweater. I also own lots of cardigans that I wear all year long! I have to admit though that I'm suprised that your hot-blodedness would want to wear one.. but you are always suprisig me! :)

Jamie said...

I seriously am in LOVE with that bag!! Can I borrow :)

Leslie said...

This outfit is so cute--and so very flattering on you!

Ally said...

The boys just don't get the summer sweater business...I'm trying to get Al to make a guest post about it :)

Jamie - You can borrow that bag when I get to shop in your closet!!

Thanks, Les!! :)

Pearly said...

BAH! Some of us frequent those slutty teenage stores! :) I do agree that the majority of the stuff is way to hoochie for our age!
I frequent Forever 21 and Body Central. OMG Can't believe I just admitted that on the internet.

Ally said...

I can't put my finger on what age it IS appropriate to be hoochie. 21, maybe? Regardless, that ship has sailed!

Jamie said...

anytime girlfriend, anytime!