Monday, June 9, 2008

Monday Funday -- Ally

I have a personal love for 80 degree temperatures before 8am. *rollseyes* My office doesn't like to cool off (AC issues) so every day that it's hot outside, it's scorching in my office too. Yay!

Sweater: Merona

Skirt: Mossimo ($6 on the clearance rack @ Target!)

Wristlet: Devi Kroell for Target ($9 on clearance rack)

Shoes: Sofft via Zappos outlet (I think I paid $45)












I love the pockets on this skirt! They're not on the seam so they don't add unwanted bulk to my already-bulky hips.
















Leslie already mentioned the Zappos outlet and I'm here to profess my love as well.

I love shoes. Love love love. I have some pairs I hold delicately like a newborn and others I wear and abuse. Most get abused :) I'm very hard on shoes and walk a lot for my job.

The Zappos outlet was once a very closely-kept secret but now it's advertised and there are even coupons. That's great and all, but I liked it best when everything was $29.95 and the store was small. Now it's HUGE (10K sq. ft) and prices vary and there's always a complicated color system for the sale prices. Hell, they even give you a reference guide to carry w/you in the store. Just mark it all cheap and let me give you money. I promise I'll spend more than I should regardless!

This was a real after thought. Tracey had sung the praises of this line but none of the bags really spoke to me except this one. By the time I decided I had to have it, they were out of the stores. Magically, they appeared at one of Target stores in a less-desirable (yet loved by me) neighborhoods in town. FYI - all the good stuff is at that Target! I snatched it up @ $9. I love how you can put your hand through the strap on the side to carry it also. That's usually how I carry it, but today I left on the strap.




I'm thinking I need a haircut. I'm fortunate and have bone straight hair. I rarely use a blow dryer and never need heat styling. That means I get a haircut/trim about twice a year. I got a hair cut in late January and let her cut some bangs. To most that's not a big deal, but for those who remember 1998, y'all know I had some serious bangs. Fortunately, I bought a vowel and grew those suckers out. Amanda, my hair goddess, gave me cute sweepy bangs. I loved them at first, but after the first week, they began to grow out and poke me in the eyeball. Now they're long enough to go behind my ear.

I keep wanting to do something different but I know I shouldn't bother. I am FAR too lazy to commit to a hair style that will require anything other than combing out the tangles after I shower. I will not flat iron, dry, curl, condition, treat, color, or do anything to it. I guess it's good b/c it makes for healthy hair, but seriously. It's kinda boring.

Any ideas/suggestions?

9 comments:

KT said...

OK, taking off your shoe at work to take a picture of it is too funny! (I've taken pics of my tights at work and I've always hoped no one walks in and catches me taking a picture of my own legs)

Ally said...

KT - I get to work an hour before everyone else does so I have a teeny bit of privacy. I don't think my co-workers would be surprised, though. They know how I love my footwear!

KT said...

I do the same thing. I come in at 9:00 and have everyone else come in at 10:00. I love my hour alone each day!

Ally said...

Same hours here! I really love that time to get caught up on voice mail, email, make coffee, etc. I see to get more done then than any other time of the day - few distractions.

Leslie said...

I took my shoe off at work today to take a picture.

I think you need to cut some major layers in your hair to give it some movement and body and then use a little pomade. That would mean hair drying but very little styling. You should try something new! And your hair grows quickly so if you hate it, it wont be for long.

And LOL at the 1998 bangs. I so remember those. Maybe you should post a senior picture on here so everyone else can remember too? :-)

BTW, Im envious of you 9am gals! That used to be my schedule. Think of me trekking around the hospital tomorrow at 8am when you're getting out of bed!

Jamie said...

Oh 9am, I miss those days too! Looking forward to posting tomorrow. I am starting to feel a lot better (I hope!).

Cute skirt girl! love the pockets!

Ally said...

Layers are great in theory, but I've had them before and hated every moment of it. I think I just need to suck it up and be happy with what I've got!

I'll post a Big Bang pic but you'll have to ante up too, sister!

Maybe we can do a retro post one week...

I'm glad you're on the mend, J!!

Barbie said...

How adorable! I love that bag!

Ally said...

Thanks, Barbie! I am *SO* glad I snatched it off that rack!