Friday, June 20, 2008

Casual Friday - Tracey



Top - Jcrew Joelle blouse


Jeans - Gap Essential Fit


Shoes - Clarlos Santana


Necklace - Vintage


Bangles - Faux tortise shell from Scout



















TGIF, Everyone! Just a typical Friday at work. Today was going to be a rainy, gloomy day so I wanted to be bright and sunny! I was originally drawn to this top because of it's vibrant blue color.


The shoes I've had a few years and this, are you ready, is the 1st time I've ever worn them! I got them on super clearance at Dillard's for like $12 or something crazy like that. I should be reprimanded for letting cute shoes like this sit in my closet unworn. Shame on me!








I just wanted to show off my locket... so allow me to be sentimental for just a moment. As a few of you already know, my Mom recently passed away and before she died she made sure to give me all her items that were special to her. This locket it over 60 yrs old. My grandmother wore it when my Mom was a baby. On the back you can see the little teeth marks that my Mom left on it when she was teething and putting everything in her mouth. I just think it's so cute!








Scout on Market Street downtown is one place here in town that I can always go to and find something to buy. It might be for my house or for me, but I usually walk out of there with my wallet a little (sometimes a lot!) lighter. The owners are fabulous and very personable. You will leave there feeling like you've found 2 new friends! One day I needed a little pick me up and walked in to find these little faux tortise shell bangles. I believe I paid about $11 for all 3 of them. I just love them!







The Marc by Marc Jacobs bag has made another appearance to brighten up a rainy day!








5 comments:

Ally said...

I love that locket - it's so special and sweet :)

Did you find the shoes when you cleaned and organized your closet?? We're doing ours today and cross your fingers I find cute stuff!!!

Tracey said...

Actually, no... I've known exactly where they were and look at them practically everday! Sad, isn't it?

Ally said...

That is bad!!

I really love that top too - I don't think I've ever seen it - when you decide to get rid of it, call me!

That's the shade of blue that I love to see you in. My mama looks pretty in it too.

Tracey said...

I haven't worn it around you yet... it's silk and you know how I am with silk! I wear it and spill things all over me. :) I just got a few weeks ago when J Crew had that additional 20% off online with free shipping for orders over $100.. So, of course I had to spend $100, right? If I ever get tired of it, it's yours!

Leslie said...

Love that shirt! And such a special locket....

But if you're like me, I find a way to ruin silk so easily. I wish better luck on you.