Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thursday-- Leslie

Well dear bloggers, no picture. Trust me you don't want to see me. If this tells you anything, I had 2 new pair of shoes come from the UPS man Tuesday from Target and I didnt open the box until Wednesday.

I couldnt bend over to get it you see because I have a nasty case of pleurisy. If you have never heard of it (I hadnt!) basically it means that the membranes surrounding each side of my lungs are inflamed so if I try to take a semi-deep breath or cough, I have stabbing pain. Yeah it's real fun. Yes, I have the "good" drugs but they were doing absolutely nothing for me so I got to add a boatload of Ibuprofen to the dose. Yippee I felt SO good for 3 hours! Until I tried to eat and then couldn't keep any food down because the meds were too strong. So I'm finding that happy medium of extra meds and pain I can tolerate and still eat.

This is a good diet I tell you. Im compare it to "1 stomach flu away from my goal weight" as they said in the Devil Wears Prada! Im currently waiting on dear Ally to bring me the best baked potato there is when she gets off work. My diet since Tuesday consists of baked potatoes, applesauce, bananas and strawberry special K bars. Maybe I'll feel better enough tomorrow to introduce Lucky Charms to the mix.

When my mom stopped by a few minutes ago she begged me to take a picture for the blog as I had my hair up in 2 ugly lopsided ponytails to keep off my neck. I said no thank you!

So providing I am better enough to get on a plane by Sunday afternoon, Ill be in Hilton Head next week so it could be a while before you hear from me again but I PROMISE I'll be back and better than ever soon.

xoxo

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon! It is no fun to get sick, especially so sick you can't enjoy yur new shoes!

Ally said...

You don't look as bad as you think! Promise :) However, I've seen you at various states of undress, sickness, and style so not much surprises me!

Thanks for letting me try on your new shoes - they're sooooo cute! You should post pics/links to them!

Toni said...

Poor Baby! I know how bad it hurts because I saw you Tuesday. I really do think you should post a pic-even super models have down days:-)

Ally said...

I offered to take a pic of her in her striped PJ pants and tank but she declined :(

Les, like I said, you look surprisingly good considering how bad you feel and sound. That helps, right? hahaha

Toni said...

a guaranteed picker upper... I just ate a bag of oreos for you. That's love. I just won't be able to wear my pants tomorrow.

Tracey said...

Feel better soon, honey!

Jamie said...

My dear buddy!! Just think a couple more days until vacation! You look faboo no matter what!

Leslie said...

Ally you and mom saw me right after a shower when I was "at my best" :-) that doesnt count! However, I will say that I have knocked back the meds dosage some this morning, am going 6 hours between doses instead of 4 and ate some Lucky Charms for breakfast! An appetite MAY be returning! I will also say that Ive really enjoyed the HSN fashion clearance the past 3 days! Hehe

Ally said...

Of all the things I do when I'm sick, taking LESS of a narcotic isn't on the list! Dope up, darlin!!!!

Susan said...

Hope you are feeling better Leslie!
I love this blog spot you girls have put together...look forward to seeing the fun outfits you put together! Feel better and have a great vaca!
Susan