Monday, December 1, 2008

What we are willing to do for our favorite items


Houndstooth Pencil Skirt: Issac Mizrahi for Target

White Button Down: The Limited

Black Wrap Tee: CAbi

Black Tights: Merona (that I ripped late in the day on the jagged zipper on on my boots--ugh! First time I had worn them too!!!)

Boots: Maripa

Pearl Headband: Forever 21

More classic black and white...Sometimes it just works. I do carry a red patent-material purse so the outfit does get a dash of color. I also wore a cobalt blue scarf with my coat for the day for some more color.

My favorite wrap tee again in this picture....I really didn't think it would be able to be layered. Most of the time, thin tees like that look bulky with a thicker layer underneath, but this one had the perfect stretch and layered perfectly I thought! I can't wait until the teal tee arrives at the end of the month!!! (Yea for sample sales!)

Side note--you can probably tell I love my pearl headband. It's a simple cheapy from Forever 21. Well I wore it a couple days ago to work as well and it was a nasty, gross rainy day which makes my ultra straight, fine hair go ultra stringy and limp. I was in the bathroom attempting hair recovery and took the headband out to toss my head upside down to fluff. Well the headband fell off the sink and little pearl beads went rolling everywhere! It takes a great item for me to get down on my hands and knees in the bathroom and pick up the pieces! Luckily a coworker had some crazy glue so while my hair was unrepairable that day, my headband was (after I wiped hand sanitizer all over me of course)!

Side note 2-- I don't own a tripod so I'm limited on surfaces where I can lay my camera to take pictures. This means your new backdrop every day is my Christmas tree!

8 comments:

E said...

Oh, I LOVE that skirt! The brownish one I have isn't nearly as cute as that one!

Mom of Three said...

I love that skirt too! Do they still have it in the stores?

Kelly said...

I LOVE that skirt!!!! It's calling to me...

Anonymous said...

Let me be the fourth to say: I COVET that fantastic skirt!

Leslie said...

Thanks ladies--I never imagined this skirt would get such a positive reaction!

Unfortunately it's not in store--it's actually about 3 years old!!!

See why classic is good? Never goes out of style!

Jamie said...

Ok I am going to rub it in to everyone...I HAVE ONE TOO!!! Remember Les, at that boutique during one of our shopping trips? However, mine is about a size too small, but I am determined to squeeze myself back in it! You look adorable buddy!

Hillary said...

Gotta love black and white. I really love the skirt. Oh and gave you were able to save the headband. I think we've all been there.

KT said...

LOVE THIS LOOK!!