Monday, December 29, 2008

New Outerwear Addition

Jacket: Ann Taylor Loft



Hanky Wrap Tee (not seen): CAbi



Jeans: Sundown fit from Lucky Brand Jeans



Pumps: Nine West



I've mentioned my love of outerwear numerous times before. A girl can never own too many winter coats as far as I'm concerned! However, it is bad enough that my mother adamently refuses to purchase outwear for me on principle. Thank goodness my dad doesn't!



Every year on Christmas Eve, we get special gifts picked out by Dad just for his girls. This coat was this year's Daddy present. As I gleefully opened it, my mom announced that she had nothing to do with it! Haha. I do love the coat though!



I got a new pair of Lucky Jeans shopping the day after Christmas--they were 50% off! I basically only wear my Cabi pair and my old Lucky pair but they were getting too worn out so I replaced them with these. I actually like these better--before I wore the sweet and low which is a mid rise, easy fit, flare. These are a mid rise, slim fit, bootcut which I like much better.



I am a huge fan of premium denim. I used to own close to ten pair of jeans--but didn't really love any of them. Now I own only 2 or 3--I pay more for them but they feel better, fit better, look better, etc. I have succeeded in convincing my mom and sister as well! Mom broke down a while back but Ashley held on but seeing the 50% off sale, she decided she could finally be convinced! Maybe they'll do a guest post in their new hottie jeans one day for us!

9 comments:

KT said...

Aargh! I am jealous! I've been eyeing that jacket. You lucky girl!

Kelly said...

That coat is awesome! Your dad has great taste! If my dad tried to pick me out a winter coat for Christmas, I'm pretty sure it would be some blaze orange monstrosity from the closest hunting store.

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet that you get "Daddy Presents" and that your mom will not feed your outerwear addiction. I love the coat - the colors and pattern are so awesome!

Anonymous said...

A great addition to your ever-growing collection! Care to confess a number? How many coats do you have, Leslie?

Sara said...

I share your love for all things outerwear! Despite my very best intentions, I always manage to justify getting a new coat every year. I own fourteen now (as long as you don't count fleece!). I just got the oatmeal peacoat from Ann Taylor Loft and I am loving it. The one you have also caught my eye but I'm a little too short to pull off this pattern, I think.

Leslie said...

I will fess up to my number of coats but I need to know how we define outerwear.

Are we including
blazers/outfit jackets
leather jackets (like my moto jacket)

Or are we just talking heavy winter coats that have to be taken off at the door?

Help me define and I will go and add them all up :-)

Anonymous said...

I love that coat!! Your Dad has great taste.

SHOEGAL said...

That is a great coat! And I completely agree about never having too many - I think I am up to 5 now.

Audi said...

That jacket is divine, and it looks so sturdy and warm. I totally agree on the jeans, too, and I also love my Luckys!