Thursday, December 11, 2008

A little Audrey

White Oxford: Banana Republic

Wool Camel Pants: Ann Taylor

Leopard Belt: Calvin Klein

Brown Patent Pumps: Chinese Laundry

Nude Fishnets (not seen): Marshall's brand

I felt a little boring getting dressed today--but the more I looked at the outfit, I decided it was very Audrey Hepburn. And that can't be all bad!

I decided to try out the "pigeon toe" photo stance. I recently read an article (it was either the new People Style Watch or Glamour--only 2 I've read recently) that showed images of the latest "pose" struck most often by celebrities--the pigeon toe stance with the knees and toes turned slightly inward.

The rationale is that it's lengthening and flattering, similar to crossing your legs one over the other. Except this doesn't look like you are trying to keep from making a bathroom run.

What do you think? Are you a fan of the pigeon toe stance?

10 comments:

Fashion Addict said...

If were to pose I think I would feel a little awkward doing the pigeon toed stance, but I think you look lovely and the celebrities that do it look great.

BTW, would you like to link up with my blog?

KT said...

So, the outfit is cute but I am not a fan of the pose. It makes the line of your pant leg look wonky to me.

Jamie said...

Outfit is cute, not boring but I do not like the new stance. I feel you look like you have to pee :)

Kelly said...

I don't do the pose for pictures, because I feel like a little girl when I do it. But sometimes I accidentally stand like that and my BF thinks it's cute, so it can't be all that bad!

Tara Wasson said...

I like the outfit, but not a huge fan of the stance. It kinda looks like you are tripping. Cute pants though!

Ashley said...

LOVE the nude fishnets. They look great in that outfit. ;)

Leslie said...

hysterical ashley, hysterical. you like them because you cant see them.

SHOEGAL said...

I do that stance sometimes, it's a good one. Love the outfit though I would have said it was more Annie Hall than Audrey Hepburn.

Jane said...

I am feeling very fat at the moment so will have to try it!

Kendra Taylor said...

I luv that audrey look!! :) so cute ~Kendra~