Monday, December 8, 2008

Baby it's cold outside!


Orange Cashmere Sweater: J Crew

White Oxford: Old Navy

Brown Tweed Pants: Ann Taylor Loft

Boots: Maripa


Baby it's cold outside! These are one of my "super cold day" pair of pants. They are a soft wool tweed with flecks of ivory, blue and orange in them and a very soft lining to keep me extra warm. Add a long sleeve shirt and a cashmere sweater...and well, it gets me through the cold days!

J Crew is my ultimate favorite cashmere. I have this orange, a kelly green v-neck and a black turtleneck. Well worth the investment in my opinion! I try to get some on sale at the end of the season every year.

A girl should always be building her cashmere collection! I have quite the collection I'll tell you about in addition to the above pieces--but keep in mind it has been built over 6 years now and many pieces were Christmas gifts from family--I'm not a total glutton! I would also recommend checking out thecashmere at Lands End (you'll see my adorable lavender johnny collar one sometime soon) and the line at Kohl's (I have red and pastel lime turtlenecks). Both are cheaper than J Crew and are almost as good (the Lands End in particular is a steal for the quality and warmth you get). If you're looking for an "entry-level" price point for cashmere, Old Navy can be a good option (I have a gray crew neck tee and brown shawl sweater from their collection).

Cashmere can cost anywhere from $50 to thousands....A girl can be cheap--but for investment pieces like a classic cashmere sweater that will last for years, buy the best you can reasonably afford (end of the season sales can really help with this). The nicer the cotton, the longer it will last, less it will nubb, etc.

5 comments:

Katie Keisler said...

LOVE that color on you!

Have a fantastic week!

Katie

Anonymous said...

A vintage expert told me recently that vintage cashmere is even better quality than the new stuff ... I've been keeping my eyes peeled ever since. And lady, that really is a fantastic color on you!

Leslie said...

Oooh I want vintage cashmere too!

SO funny about the color....my hair color has faded so much.. when I get it touched up the color is much more of a "cool" tone and my colorist made me promise not to wear orange next to my face! I usually do occasionally anyhow--I've never been one of those "I cant wear certain colors" people....I wear what colors I want!

KT said...

Great color for you! You know where I found some great cashmere at a fair price? Uniqlo in NYC. No online shopping and only the one store in the US but if you are in the city it is worth checking out!

Hillary said...

Great sweater. Love the color too. I so need to work on my cashmere collection.