Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tuesday -- Ally

Crap pic lighting today...clouds and ice and sleet and UGH outside today.

Blue v-neck shirt: Old Navy

Green tank: Target

Pants: Old Navy

Necklace: Walmart

Shoes: Old Navy

Trouser socks: Walmart






Let's talk about these pants. I LOVE THEM. I've learned that the older I get, the higher the waist of my pants get. I have a huge issue with low-rise pants as it is and think they're totally inappropirate on 99% of the population. Aside from them looking terrible on most everyone, I also don't want my butt hanging out the back of my pants - I have a job, you know!

Women: Women's Essential Natural Rise Trousers - New Black


These aren't too high and don't dig or feel weird or anything. They hit right at my belly button and I know that's super high to some of you, but boy do they fit well. They don't give muffin top, the waist band doesn't do anything weird, and they make my legs look long. What else could I want in a pant? They're on sale at Old Navy for $25 and they have free shipping right now too!

The top is on sale for $6! It's really soft and available in all sizes and several colors. I'm going to get a few more today.

Women: Women's Gathered V-Neck Tops - Deep Space Blue

Oh and one more thing. Remember Leslie's post about her cute wrapping paper? I'm on the other end of the spectrum on this. I think it boils down to my not caring - it's going to get ripped off and Al wouldn't notice if I wrapped gifts in TP!

I did take the time to wrap what gifts I've bought yesterday. I forget every year that I already have paper so every year I buy more. I think I have MORE than enough, huh? None of it matches, none of the bows match, and the tags clash as well. The bows and tags get bought every year (as do Christmas cards) and stored in boxes. Maybe I need to remember NOT to buy any next year!!
I dropped it all on the ground and wrapped with whatever I grabbed. Oh and for that special touch, there's dog hair in the tape on everything. Thanks, Maddy!!!

Once I get everything wrapped I'll take and post a follow-up shot.



<--- Looks like Maddy left her toy under the tree. Wonder if she thinks Santa accepts trade ins?

9 comments:

Tara Wasson said...

Love the outfit and I can totally appreciate two things: #1 the higher waist on the pants and #2 the fair in the tape on the gifts.

#1 The last thing I need is my butt hanging out in front of a bunch of high school students.

#2 It just means that we are giving more than just the gift itself. Haha!

Ally said...

Thanks, Tara :)

If Maddy had thumbs I'm confident she'd help wrap. This is her own special touch to the gifts!

V said...

I love it! I'm with you on the wrapping gifts thing. I'm a last minute throw it in a bag kind of person and hopefully I have some curly ribbon somewhere. Love the blue shirt on you!

Leslie said...

I like the higher waist pants myself now!

I just like to have pretty paper because I like how pretty everything looks under the tree! It makes me happy to look at them!

Kelly said...

That t-shirt looks nothing awesome in the ON pic, but it looks fantastic on you! It shows off your little waist but isn't skin-tight. Great find!

Anonymous said...

Seriously with you - true low rises always looked horrendous on me, and I'm so grateful when other options present themselves. Your pants look fantastico, and even better that they're so comfy!

Julie G said...

Hee hee, re: Wrap...
I write myself notes every year, in the box I know I'll take out 1st, the tree ornaments. I cracked up out loud this year reading them. One said "DO NOT BUY ORNAMENT HOOKS *EVER AGAIN* You have 5 boxes!!!!!" LOL

Write yourself notes or set reminders on your google calender to pop up Nov 15th reminding you what you DONT need. :)

Ally said...

Thanks, ladies :) Sometimes I feel like a grandma with my pants all hiked up, but at the end of it all, I really don't care!

Julie - Welcome to the blog!!! I totally need to leave notes in my Google Calendar - brilliant! :)

Hillary said...

Thank you! I hate low-rise!!! Why do they torture us with it. Even skinny girls have muffin tops in those jeans. I also hate that the back pockets are low and then they give my butt a flat look. We def need more mid-rise jeans and pants!

Oh and Maddy is too cute! She just wanted to add her own personal touch to the wrapped gifts :-)