Sunday, December 14, 2008

Cookie Exchangin' Ally

My friend Keri hosted a cookie exchange today and not only was it a great time, but the weather was nice and mild...58 degrees!!

Brown Cardi: Target

Brown/Black/White/Pink dress: JC Penney

Pink Tajmina: Target (Trae and I call them Tajminas b/c we're dorks!!)

Belt: NY&Co.

Tights: Walmart:

Shoes: JCP (gift from my bargain' hunting Mama)

Necklaces: Walmart and a gift

Pink leather bracelet: JCP




Geeze! I'm wearing a lot of accessories! I wanted to layer in case the weather turned cool (they say if you don't like the weather in the Ohio Valley to just wait 5 minutes and it'll change), but didn't want to get hot in a house full of cookie exchanging women!

I wish I had worn a black pair of tights under these brown ones. I don't like when they get sheer in spots - looks cheap. I mean, they ARE cheap - I'm not kidding anyone with that, but I think they look better when they're more opaque.

Last time I wore this dress
I promised Erin and Kimberly I'd wear it with brown. Happy now?? :)

Who's gone to see "Burn After Reading?" If not, see it. It's probably the funniest movie I've seen in a long time. It's dark, but so clever and well done. Tilda Swinton inspired today's necklace layers. While in bed with Clooney (bitch) I couldn't help but notice her layered pearls and gold necklace. I don't have an amazing gold necklace like hers (or Clooney...but I digress), but I thought this silver necklace was still a classic style and would mesh nicely.




See that gold necklace? I want it. I also want her hair color, but I'm not going to push my luck!

(You can clicky the pictures to enlarge any of them. Just be sure to click "back" to come back to us!!)




Oh! Obviously, my Christmas tree is finally up. I'm not quite in the holiday spirit yet, but it seems I usually don't until I get presents wrapped and sorted. Ho ho ho *sigh*

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it with the brown! Also, I really like how you popped the pink out in the dress with the accessories.

Louella said...

you look cute and festive.

Erica said...

You look so beautiful and sassy! Those pops of pink are really great on you.

I also envy your tree...mine is so tiny! And plastic.

Leslie said...

You look so cute here! Your hair looks lighter than normal too--this is a great, festive, flattering look. 2 thumbs up!

Leslie said...

Ok seriously the more I look at the larger photo when I clicked in, did you cut your hair??? I cant figure out what is different but me likey!

V said...

I love this look on you...and your hair looks great!

KT said...

You look so great! Unlike Leslie, I was thinking your hair looks longer. Are you trying to confuse us? Did I get a hold of some spiked eggnog?

Anonymous said...

Heeeeey, quit copying my copying. ;)

Hillary said...

You look so good! Love the outfit and I agree with V...hair looks great!

Ally said...

Aww thanks, ladies!!

I've not cut my hair. I need to get it cut/trimmed up but can't get in until after the holidays.

I'm not sure why it looks different other than I've just not posted in a while and maybe it grew??