Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas-- and happy shopping!

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you all have a great one, celebrating the birth of Christ, spending time with family and friends and exchanging gifts!

Christmas means one thing for a shopper....DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS SALES! And in fact, now with the internet, we don't even have to wait until the 26th--I have been known to partake in some Christmas afternoon online shopping myself!

I always take a small loot of returns and then Christmas cash and hit the sales-- with the country in recession this year, I'm expecting even more great bargains!

I tend to really rack up on sales every year at the same places. Banana Republic is my #1 "day after Christmas" shopping location. Frankly, I don't think their sales during the year are that good at all--but I'll give them one thing--they know how to have a post-Christmas sale! I also have great luck at Ann Taylor/LOFT, The Limited, and at J. Crew sometimes. And Victoria's Secret always has a great deal happening that day as well for all the basics you need! I typically end up hitting all the stores in a single day, across two malls. This is probably part of the reason that I have so many great winter wool pants and not so many summer dresses and such!

What about you-what is your strategy for hitting up the post-Christmas sales?

3 comments:

Kendra Taylor said...

I'm like you I hit all my fav stores in one big day of shopping...i luv it!! I love the crowded malls, the hunt for a good bargain and how exciting it is when you find that one unexpected amazing item :) ~Kendra~

KT said...

I placed an order at J Crew before noon today. Merry Christmas to me! Banana Republic is next!

Hillary said...

My finds were at Macy's, Banana, Ann Taylor Loft, and NY&co. I ususally hit Anthropologie's Boxing Day sale, but I still may have time to run by there this week before their sale ends. Hope you found some great deals!