Saturday, December 20, 2008

Weekend -- Ally

Once upon a time, this was a dress. I'm not sure for whom it was a dress, but it's now a tunic as it has shrunken considerably over the years.

Dress/tunic: Target

Yoga pants: Danskin

Boots: Payless

Necklace: Walmart












As much as I hate the new legging trend, I can see their purpose in outfits like this. It's inappropriate to just wear tights with this to work (and anywhere else!), but leggings provide coverage and warmth. Since I refuse to purchase leggings, I made these yoga pants work. I've worn this outfit before without the boots in my vacation post.

I've had these boots for years too. They come up right to my knee and the fold over flap could be flipped up, but that's a little too street walker for me. Hell, these boots are sorta street walker if I don't watch what I wear with them. Too short of a skirt and the wrong hosiery and I'm workin hard for my money!

I wish I could find another pair of boots like this. I've decided an over-the-calf height looks best on my short legs, but it's hard to find a style I don't hate.

I may swing by Payless today and pick up these. They're on sale for $49.99 and they're doing BOGO right now! They're a little higher of a heel than I'd like, but they're awfully cute!
Patricia Field for Payless Rumba Boot


Since it's BOGO, I need a 2nd pair of shoes in mind, huh? I really like the colors and woven toe on these:
Abaeté for Payless Devon Ribbon Wedge

7 comments:

Kendra Taylor said...

That outfit is adorable!!! I want those boots :) ~Kendra~

Hillary said...

I totally love this outfit. Love the pattern of the dress/tunic and those boots! You know I have the calf and short issue too so I may give these boots a try too since they are so affordable. This looks so fab on you!

Oh and btw, I checked out my gifts under the tree and I don't see a box big enough to fit Duo boots :-( The UK Santa didn't find me, but hopefully he found you.

V said...

I love the print of the tunic and love the boots!

frockandrollonline.com said...

Cute outfit, lady! :)

P.S. I *totally* think you should submit to leggings. I was the same for months, completely avoided them! But then I just gave in, and now I'm a convert :D They're so perfect for outfits like that!

Leslie said...

I love hooker boots!!!!

KT said...

You look so cute in this!

Lini said...

Payless??? Those boots are sooo fab!!