Friday, December 12, 2008

Not what I thought it would be....

Printed Scarf: The Limited

Black Button Down: NY and Co

Tweed Pencil Skirt: CAbi

Red Tights: Kohl's

Boots: Maripa

It's that time of the year...went to a holiday breakfast this morning and decided I wanted to look festive! Red tights seemed to do the trick (although truth be told, I'll wear this outfit outside of the holidays--you know I always wear red and black in the winter, especially on UofL game days!)

This skirt is an anomaly. I think its a little large in the hips so if I wear anything over it (meaning not tucked in), it makes my hips look sooo wide because the material bunches. It's a thicker material too which probably adds to my self consciousness. So that's why you always see this skirt with a basic oxford shirt and accessories to pump it up--what I bought thinking it would be a great basic that goes with anything has turned out to be one of the more limiting items in my wardrobe. Go figure.

What item have you bought that just didn't turn out the way you thought it would?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a pretty fab ensemble from here, Leslie. Just for the record!

Pearly said...

You know I really like this outfit except I agree with you on the skirt. Except that I think you loose your waist in it. You don't have any definition here. Maybe you could try to tailor the skirt. It really is a good look on you, it could just be better