Saturday, November 29, 2008

Classic Denim and Tweed

Tweed Jacket: Ralph Lauren

Jeans: CAbi

Turtleneck: Express

Boots: Marisa

Funny story on this jacket...it was a gift probably eight years ago. At the time I didn't like it. It just felt too "old" for me when I was in college. My mom pretty much took it from my closet and wore it for several years. Then all of a sudden I graduated and my style began to mature and I decided an asymmetrical tweed jacket was pretty cute with jeans or a pencil skirt, I claimed my jacket back!

What items have you had in your closet that you haven't liked at first but grew on you over time as your style evolved?

4 comments:

Kendra Taylor said...

Collared button down shirts are something I had to grow into.....when I was younger I didn't really like them, but now that I am going to schools and getting close to getting my teaching degree I enjoy them more because they make me feel more like a teacher instead of a student. :) ~Kendra~

Unknown said...

I had this pink tweed blazer that my mother gave me for Christmas some years ago. I thought I looked like a grandma shopping for denture cream in it! But now I LOVE it, and it's one of my favorite jackets. Funny how mothers know best in the end...lol. This jacket is fantastic too, btw! :)

Toni said...

I want my jacket back!

Katie Keisler said...

This jacket is really cute!

Katie