Friday, December 26, 2008

Stolen back for a day

Velvet Jacket: Old Navy




Flannel Cargo Pants: The Limited





Black Turtleneck: The Limited





Boots: Maripa





My sister has stolen from my closet for years. This is nothing new. About a year ago she stole this jacket and Im ashamed to say it took me a few months to notice. I nicely asked for it back and she refused. Said she'd given me a suit that no longer fit her in its place. Well, yes, thats true...but she couldn't wear the suit and I can still wear the velvet jacket. But it just didnt seem like a battle worth fighting. So I said goodbye to the jacket and let it live with her.





When I saw her wearing it at church last week, I asked if I could have it back for just one day--along with the fabulous cross necklace she had on with it (pictured below-I couldnt get the picture to not be blurry for some reason but you get the idea). I was granted a single wearing which you see on this post.



Oh velvet jacket I miss you! (side note--this jacket was Old Navy 7 years ago but I still like it as much as the day I bought it--well, that Gran bought it for me for Christmas!)






3 comments:

Kelly said...

Whenever you tell stories about your family stealing clothes from each other, it surprises me. Maybe it's because I don't have any sisters, but the idea of having someone just take something I loved and I'm supposed to just give it to her...I don't know if I could do it!

Ally said...

I'm with you, Kelly. I'm too much of an only child for that! However, I'd much rather just give you something and know I'll never see it again than let you borrow it and never see it again.

Ashley said...

don't let leslie fool you....everything i steal is for a good cause...

This is a perfect example of how I'm cute on the cheap. Yes, I bought the necklace but that jacket could not be cheaper...I didn't pay a thing! hehe However, she got an awesome suit of mine that sadly I cannot wear but it's worth far more money than this jacket from old navy. Thanks les!