Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Favorite outfits and changing styles

Brown Plaid Skirt: CAbi

Blue and White Button Down: CAbi

Green Vest: CAbi

Belt: (you guessed it) CAbi

Boots: Maripa

Red Pea Coat: Abercrombie and Fitch

Nude Fishnets: Don't know brand--bought at Marshall's

This is one of my all time favorite outfits....I bought the skirt in the CAbi fall 2006 collection with a brown turtleneck sweater. However, there was a picture on the back of the book with this shirt, vest and belt with the skirt--which I never would have thought of myself! My grandmother bought the shirt and vest and gave it to me for Christmas. I'm so glad--they are 2 of my favorite items and I love wearing the blue and white shirt with the green vest for a splash of color.

I'm sure you remember a few weeks ago about me mentioning my neverending coat collection (like cashmere, it's been built up over time--as in 10 years of time!). I can't tell you the last time I ever set foot in an Abercrombie--it got a bit grungy for me. Well more than a bit. But before it changed styles, it was a great place to buy sweaters and coats--this pea coat was bought by Santa during that time.

I used to live in Abercrombie and Aeropostale before either a) my style changed; b) their style changed; or c) a mixture of both (the answer is probably c!). What store did you used to love but now rarely shop at anymore?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love those fantastic bright colors. Thank you for fighting back the urge to wear all black, Leslie!

Mom of Three said...

I also loved Abercrombie before they started selling ripped jeans and cheap t-shirts that cost a fortune! I have a cordory pea coat from there I got in 1998 that I still love to wear...

Anonymous said...

In late high school and early college I had so much Abercrombie, that my friends called me Abbie. It would be nothing for an outfit to consist of a baseball cap, 2 shirts (I have always loved my layers), belt, pants, socks and messanger bag from Abercrombie on a normal day at class. I haven't step foot in the store in probably 6 years now! My style has definitely changed, as well as, their selection! Love the blue & green combo - mentally going through closet - yep, just may have to copy!

Katie Keisler said...

Aww I absolutely LOVE this look on you! The red jacket is my fave!

Right now, I LIVE in NY&Co alll the time! I have a feeling though, that in a few years, when I have kids and I am a "stay at home mom" I will look back at these days and realize that I probably rarely wear clothes like that again!

Alas, at that point i will probably reside in sweatpants and a hoodie... then again, I could be a fabulous SAHM, and be the ultimate style conscious soccer mom! (Hmm! I have a goal!)

Katie