Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I'm baaaack! - Tracey




Dress - Maxx Studio, Marshall's

Polished silver cuff bracelet - Banana Republic

Bib Necklace - Banana Republic

Tights - Spanx Two Timin' Tights, Nordie's

Boots - DUO




















Hello, Lovies! I'm so sorry I've been incognito for the last couple of months.. well, except for the couple of guest shots in Ally's pics.. but I've been busy working full time and I went back to college. I had no idea that taking 2 classes would throw me off so much, but it did! Now the semester is almost over and I can breathe a little and get back to my normal life! Well, at least for a month or so. :)

I do have a couple of awesome items that I want to tell you about... 1st are my Two Timin' Spanx tights. These are soooo cool because not only do they provide the "suck you in" greatness of Spanx, but they are also reversible!!! The ones I have are black on one side and navy blue on the other. I think these are genious! I bought them during the Nordstrom's half yearly sale, and I wish I had bought more than one pair because they are kinda pricey.. but I have to say, if I am comparing them to the cheaper Target Assets brand, then I think these are worth the extra money if you can swing it.

My next item I want to rave about are my DUO boots!! Even when I am thinner than what I am now (ahem) I can't find high calf boots to fit me straight off the shelf. This has ALWAYS been a problem for me, and it can be very frustrating for a lot of women, no matter what their size. Some women have super skinny calves and have the same problems. The great people at Duo custom fit your calves. You measure your calf and they have different calf sizes to choose from. I had been thinking about ordering these for a while now and just got sick of trying different brands with no success. So, I bit the bullet and ordered. I'm so glad I did.. they fit great and they are really well made leather. Considering the boots came from the UK, I received them super fast. I had them within a week. Also, the dollar to the euro is decent right now, so if you need boots, now is the time to buy!

9 comments:

Ally said...

Hi, gorgeous :) I'm glad you're back and posting - you look so cute every time I see you and I'm glad everyone else can see it too!

I *really* hope the dollar/pound stays good until after Christmas so I can buy a pair of these too.

V said...

Tracey-so glad you're back if even for a short while! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the necklace, lady! And thanks for the tip on the DUO boots....will have to put that on the top of my list I send to Santa!

Hillary said...

I have got to check out those Spanx tights. Ally sent me the link for Duo and they are alreay on my xmas wish list. Love your boots! Lookin' sharp!

Kasmira said...

That necklace is INCREDIBLE! LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Anonymous said...

Yay, your back! I love that necklace - what a statement piece. As for the boots, I have been drooling on the Duo site for a while now. Lordy, there are about 5 pairs I want. Guess I should buy a lottery ticket today!

Jamie said...

HI SWEET GIRL!!! You look awesome as always! I do completely understand about the boots, I have the exact same problem. That is why I have kept my pair of Nine West boots for 4 years and just get them re-healed every year. Welcome back! I will be with you soon!

KT said...

You are SO RIGHT. Spanx will win every time against Assets. You wouldn't think there would be such a big difference but there is!

Leslie said...

School AND work full time suck big time--misery you can only understand if you've ever been there. Hang in there.

And Ive so been wanting those reversible tights! I love Spanx (I dont even waste my money on Assets) and those seem like a good investment!

Tracey said...

Thanks for all the welcome back messages, ladies!

Les, have you seen the cute textured Spanx tights? I don't like print or texture on my legs because I feel like they make them look bigger, but they would be adorable on you!