Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Conflicting Opinions


Black Knit Jacket: CAbi

Fuschia Top: Zara

Black Belt: The Limited

Charcoal Cigarette Pants: CAbi

Pumps: BCBGirls

This past weekend was my Aunt Judy's surprise birthday party--it was mid afternoon but I still wanted to look festive and cute. This outfit seemed to fit the bill.

I really liked the belt and thought it added a lot of curvature and shape to the outfit but my mom and sister saw it when I walked in and told me to take it off, that it looked better with the jacket open by itself. Then Dad said he didn't like the pink shirt sticking out under the jacket.

In other words, the outfit I was thinking was ultra cute and feeling ultra snazzy in was an ultra flop with my family.

I still don't get it. I think it looks cute. I should have just kept the belt on. But I could snack more on the great food without it...come to think of it, maybe belts are bad. Especially at holiday party season!

9 comments:

Kasmira said...

I think the outfit looks great as is! The belt and the shirt length are perfect. In fact, this is one of my favorite outfits on you ever!

Anonymous said...

Leslie, I really like this outfit. Tell your family that you are fashionable and to leave you alone! As for the belt, I think I will wear one to every holiday party this year to keep myself in check with all that food around!

Jamie said...

I think you look adorable! Is that the pink shirt we got from Zara's? Love that shirt!

Katie Keisler said...

I love this look on you! The jacket makes your waist look so tiny!

Katie

Nic Ridley said...

I love the belt and the top! I'm sorry your family didn't, though! I hate it when that happens!

Anonymous said...

Leslie, so many bossy people in your life! Trust your instincts, lady. They're spot-on.

Tracey said...

I agree! I think it looks cute with the belt!

Kendra Taylor said...

Aww isn't in fun to hear family comment on your style...lol I totally think ur outfit is cute!! I have a belt just like that and I luv to wear it with blazers. Oh and I hate tucking in so my shirts almost always show at the bottom hehe :)

Ashley said...

Leslie-

I love you and I always try to keep your best interest in mine. Please remember that these people don't see you everyday and they do not see the body shape that I see. Do I think the belt is cute? Yes. Do I think it flatters you more without (IN PERSON!)? Yes. You hide the entire shirt which has detail on it as well. I understand that you are very fashionable and so are these people, but all they see is a picture. I see the real thing. Everyone knows I'm a honest person so why would I lie over something so important? :) Love, Your sister