Wednesday, December 17, 2008

American Classic -- Leslie


Blue and White Stripe Shirt: CAbi

Ivory Cable Knit Sweater: NY and Co

Equestrian Style Blazer (even has suede patches at the elbows): American Eagle (hand me down from Mom and Ash--thanks!)

Brown Pants: The Limited

Brown Boots: Lord & Taylor

There was ice and snow on the ground Tuesday morning when I got dressed. That meant 2 things: 1) wear as many layers as humanly possible that I can still get an overcoat on with (I walk outside a lot and want to be warm--I know layers add bulkiness but some days are so cold I just don't care!) and 2) wear my "practical shoes". Well, as you know, I have no "practical shoes" but these get as close as I can. The heel is chunky and there is a bit on traction on the bottom so they fit the bill today. It just always feels weird to me to wear round toes!

As I get ready to walk out the door, I look at the mirror and think "Well don't I just look very Ralph Lauren today?" You know those ads with the girls in the plaid riding coats and layered sweaters? Yeah, I felt like one of those girls.

So I go into work where my Google Reader is announcing to me that I am famous-- Kasmira of What I Wore Today has been doing a series of posts on copying styles from the Lucky Magazine Guide to Mastering Any Style (which I broke down and ordered Monday) and each day she lists the blogger she feel mosts exhibits the style. Well, yours truly was the "American Classic" girl. I cracked up as I read about my preppiness and looked down at my pseudo Ralph Lauren ensemble. Too funny. Thanks for the shout out, Kasmira!

I do think my style is pretty classic as a whole. I like to try to incorporate some interesting elements like fun tights or a leather blazer and such from time to time but I always seem to revert back to classic. My personality is pretty "all-American" so I'm told so I'm not surprised that my style seems to be that way as well.

(Oh and I mentioned yesterday I chopped my hair--I need to take a picture from the back. Yes, I had a couple inches off all over but the back is where it was CHOPPED--Ally and Jamie can vouch that there's not much back there--it's all textured and layered in the back and stacked--I'm getting used to it!)

5 comments:

Kasmira said...

Phew - thanks for wearing that outfit so that my pick was justified. ;)

I bet your hair is cute - can't wait to see side and/or back photos!

Anonymous said...

Hee. You're a total American Classic, Leslie. Kasmira is spot-on.

Julie G said...

HA! I landed on this page/post because of Kasmira's post (Who i follow on Flickr). It was funny for that the 1st words of yours I read was about her shout out! :P

And funnier still that... I thinkI've been here before! I dont follow style blogs (I'm hopeless, really) but when I saw your pic I recognized you.

Nice to be introduced! Thanks Kasmira! :D

Julie (kisluvkis)

Tracey said...

I love this look.. and I like the round toe on you. It's a nice change :)

Ally said...

I agree w/Trae - the round toe is such a refreshing look for you. More please!!