Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Plaid

Black Pants: Harold's

Plaid Jacket: CAbi

Thin Black Turtleneck: The Limited

Pumps: BCBGirls

Today was a holiday meal at work so I wanted to look festive while I served. Unfortunately, the room was so hot, I ditched the jacket after 10 minutes and lost all of my festive look! However, a green "Happy Holidays" apron (yes, me in an apron, it was a Kodak moment) gave me a festive look back.

I've never worn this jacket belted --I've always worn it open or just buttoned but I received several comments that they liked the belt. I'm still not sure which way I prefer but it certainly made me see the jacket in a new way!

(Side note--I love this turtleneck-it's a thin cotton/wool blend and perfect for layering. I went back to grab a second black one because I wore this one sometimes 3 times a week last winter and got tired of doing laundry but they were all out. If you see them again, tell me so I can get there--and after I get mine, stock up on one yourself!)

2 comments:

Ally said...

I like this much better with the belt. When it's worn open, it looks so much like outerwear (which I'm sure it can be worn as), but with the belt, it looks more like you intend.

Anonymous said...

I agree: The belt is a fantastic touch.