Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Wednesday -- Ally

We have a wind advisory today and I'm the idiot who wore a skirt. *sigh* Good thing it's fitted and I'm wearing tights!!

Cardi: Target

Ruffle neck top: Gap

Pencil skirt: NY&Co.

Tights: Walmart

Shoes: Old Navy

Lisa Simpson necklace: Slutty teen store in mall







I think Leslie and I both struggle with mixing purple and yellow (it is our former Middle School's colors), but I do better with it than red and yellow (our High School's colors). I don't know what the mental hang up about it is, but I feel so cheesy when I wear it. I guess all that high school angst never goes away :) But hey, nothing makes you feel better than hearing what your fellow alumni are up to! Snarky? Yes. True? Absolutely.

Close up of the ruffle neck and necklace.

I have a ruffle neck cardi that I love wearing with this too. I've not worn it lately, but I will soon!










I wish I had these shoes in every color! I LOVE them. I'm probably getting them in purple soon:
Women: Women's Crinkle Patent Pumps - Purple Drama

11 comments:

KT said...

How cute do you look???

Anonymous said...

KT is right - you are a super cutie today! I love purple and yellow together. Then again my school colors were royal blue & white middle school - high school, then gold and black - neither very cool color combos!

Leslie said...

This is a great look for you! NO worries--I did a skirt on wind day too!

V said...

Hey Lady! This looks fantastic on you!

ohthatgirl said...

Great outfit. :O)

Deborah-lee said...

You look great, as usual. I've got to say those yellow beads are my favourite part. Weird, I keep seeing people with these types of necklaces on blogs and being so much in love with them. Usually though, they're the type of necklaces I discard (actually I'm kicking myself for throwing out a teal one a few months back!!) I need to widen my perspective.

Tracey said...

Hey there, darlin! I love this outfit.. very cute.
And I have issues with purple and yellow as well. I think Minnesota Vikings.. but I think this looks adorable on you :)

Hillary said...

I love this outfit! Love the yellow and purple too. I know what you mena though. I have the same issue with purple and grey.

E said...

Hey Tracey - are you saying that there's something wrong with my Vikings? Girl, say it TO MY FACE!
:-D

Hi Ally!!
Good thing the skirt is fitted? You mean Good Thing You're A Knock-Out No Matter What You Wear. You know I love it.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, that is ROUGH. My HS colors were orange and navy, and I have no angst about never wearing that combo. But yellow and purple? Ouch! Glad you're fighting back and pairing those tones, lady.

Unknown said...

Such a cute outfit! And I know what you mean about the weather--I never manage to read the weather report and wear the right thing. One day. lol.