Thursday, October 9, 2008

An Outfit Optical Illusion


White Lace Cami (best camis ever!): Old Navy

Red Cable Knit Sweater: NY and Co

Scarf: Mossimo

Charcoal Pencil Skirt: Express

Wide Patent Stretch Belt: The Limited

Giraffe Print Pumps: Nine West

Spent far too long this morning debating whether to wear this outfit with or without the belt. So I did what I normally do when I'm in doubt- I wear it to work and then make the ladies in the office decide which way it looks best. I tell them helping me get dressed every day has to be the best part of the job :-)

I feel like some outfits are optical illusions. They look great from the front. But not so good from the side. Although my co-workers swore that I was wrong, I felt that way wearing this outfit. I was feeling pretty cute and confident and then as I was walking down the street, I did a quick side reflection check in the windows of a building (What? Like you don't do the same thing...) and realized it wasn't nearly as cute/flattering from the side. So I decided I would walk sideways and only face forward to people the rest of the day. I'm all about rational, realistic solutions to fashion issues that arise.

5 comments:

Ally said...

I think some of us just look better from the side or from the front...since you're a "true apple" it'd make sense your best side is the front b/c it shows off your waist best. Maybe I've been watching too much America's Next Top Model and Tyra is getting to me w/all her talk of angles.

Regardless, you look super cute today. :)

Anonymous said...

Leslie, I am RIGHT THERE WITCHA. I look smashing from the front in practically everything I own, but have to do a profile check to be sure. And often, I look like a burlap sack full of weasels from the side. Hate that.

LOVE, on the other hand, the belt with the scarf. Love.

Kelly said...

You crack me up! And I know exactly what you mean.

KT said...

Leslie, I totally know what you mean. I see some pics from the side and I look one way, but I change it up a bit and look totally different. And then the next day a side pose in a different outfit looks different yet again. Anyway, you rock this look!

Jamie said...

You crack me up lady! I personally think you look awesome in this outfit, very chic.