Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thursday -- Ally

Yesterday, Leslie asked in the comments if I had my hair colored when it was cut because it looked so dark. I didn't have it colored, but it did look awfully dark for some weird reason. I took today's picture in as much sunlight as I could find. It made for silly shadows and washing out, but the hair color is accurate! :)

Top: Old Navy

Pants: Old Navy

Scarf: vintage silk Vera (ebay)

Shoes: Cole Haan











I have a blogging confession...I don't always post the pics on the same day I wear the outfit. I'm not awesome like Kimberly and E and keep up with these things. "Yesterday's" outfit? I wore that Saturday to work...eep! I feel I need to stay this only because I'm wearing the same pants/shoes I wore "yesterday" when really, they've been washed since! For the most part, I either post outfits the same day or the next - it's usually not as much of a stretch as yesterday was. However, I've been really slammed at work and have been too exhausted to post when I get home. *whew* I feel better after coming clean!!

I overslept and ran out the door this morning (thrilled my hair took zero time!) and forgot a necklace. Fortunately, I had grabbed this scarf because I was going to tie it on my bag.

I tried tying it several ways but it's not a big scarf, so I just made it a triangle then folded that up some more, tied three knots and then tied it in the back and wore it as a necklace. I think it worked :)

14 comments:

V said...

Great idea for a scarf lady! I always wonder how those girls get up so early and out the door and still post their pics...I have to say it's been a major challenge for me, but I think I can keep it up!

Ally said...

I just can't do it every day. I'm not good at getting up earlier than necessary and somedays I don't have time to put up pics during lunch. I admire you ladies who can!

And thanks! I have bought a ridiculous amount of scarves off ebay and am trying to wear them all and wear them differently. We'll see how it goes! :)

ohthatgirl said...

I totally would not have caught it if you didn't say something. I guess I really should pay more attention to the details. :o/

I love the scarf and the way you tied it. I'm going to have to try that myself. ;O)

Anonymous said...

It SO worked. You are a scarf-stylin' goddess.

E said...

Hahaha... Silly girl.

I think the scarf makes the outfit, lady! And it's a lovely one at that.

Kelly said...

That scarf is awesome!

KT said...

I can not get over what a difference that cut makes for you. It is so flattering!

daddylikeyblog said...

Love the scarf necklace--brilliant!

hillary said...

Dude I wouldn't think anything of it. I don't wash my pants with every wearing. I live in the city and have to haul my laundry to a laundromat. (My rent is 1450 I cant afford dry cleaning!) so pants get multiple wearings. Shirts are washed everytime as are undies and socks. I have worn the same pair of jeans every day for a week to work. No one noticed. I have done it on remix and no one noticed!

Ally said...

Thanks, ladies :) I know we're all guilty of wearing things multiple times w/out washing and Al and I are especially guilty. If it's clean and doesn't look dirty, we'll rewear it. Tops and anything that's been all up in my business gets washed after one wear but pants and sweaters (if I've worn something under them) get a second go at it.

Milly said...

the scarf-necklace idea...is great..one that i must try

90-Dayer said...

I'm totally down with the not washing pants each time I wear them. I agree with hillary with the shirts, undies and socks.

I usually snap my pic in the morning while my kids are putting on their shoes and jackets and post when I get home or if I have time, at work. I did try doing it before work...yeah, three days of that and it was over. LOL :O(

Love the "snecklace"

Leslie said...

Much more accurate on the hair color. And I always wear black pants, wool pants, jeans at least 3 times before washing. Not chinos- I wash them every time but other pants and skirts are worn multiple times. Who could afford laundry or dry cleaning otherwise?

s.i. michaels said...

Oh man, my outfit posts are often waaay after the day I actually wore it. Love the knotted scarf.