Monday, October 6, 2008

Skinny Pants?!?!?!?


Charcoal Cigarette Pants: CAbi

Black Wrap Tee: CAbi

Scarf: The Limited

Yellow Pumps: Nine West

Skinny pants are pretty scary. Wide leg and flare pants have been the norm for so long (since I was in middle school!!) that seeing anything with a tapered leg makes me squirm. However, skinny pants are becoming popular again, so I decided if I could find a flattering pair, I would try it out!

I tried on several pairs (one of which, a pair of jeans, our friend Kim declared "very unfortunate" on me) and finally came across a pair that when I walked out, everyone in the room said "Now those work on you!" They're fun to wear- just so different than every other pair of pants I own. I'm looking forward to incorporating them with a lot of outfits this fall and winter. I think the key is you have to be willing to wear heels to look decent in a skinny pants. And you all know that is no problem for me.

And may I just say how much I adore this shirt? It's a wrap tee and the wrap and ruching is ultra-flattering. But the best part is that it has some stretch to hold it in place at the chest level. This means it truly forms to the body and is the first wrap shirt I've ever owned that does not have to be pinned to keep me from flashing everyone. I love it. I would buy in every color if they offered it. They don't- but they do offer in teal so I'm going to grab that as well.

11 comments:

Pearly said...

Loves it, you look so cute

Anonymous said...

I cannot get on board with this trend, it is just cruelty to the pear-shaped like me lol

Kelly said...

speaking of skinny pants, those jeans I was wearing from ON the other day *are* fantastic, but I don't think they sell them anymore! I have two pair, and bought one at the outlet a few months back. But if you can find them, they are the "Special Edition" style

Jules said...

I cant wear skinny leg anything far less this type of tapered style which is looser round the thigh and knee. Spriagirl said it right!

Anonymous said...

I love the pop of yellow with the black and white. Pretty!

Anonymous said...

You've chosen wisely, lady. Most skinny pants are "unfortunate" on me, too, but when I found a flattering pair, I nabbed 'em.

Are the yellow pumps a recent purchase? I've been hunting for a pair ...

Ashley said...

I think I'm in the minority....I don't like these on you leslie. Then again, I hate skinny pants....I hate them on people that can actually wear them.

Leslie said...

Sal- they were bought back in June or July and are Nine West. I found them on endless.com and they have a ton of colors so I feel pretty certain they are still there.

Ash- Better not tell Mom you dont like them. She loves them!

Thanks everyone...its kinda weird to look in the mirror and see skinny but Im a true apple shape and have thin legs so I thought if I could find the right fit, it may be worth a shot!

Tara Wasson said...

It works for you. As for teaching all day in heels when I have a different classroom to teach in every period...not for me. So if it doesn't look good with flats, I don't wear it to school.

SHOEGAL said...

You look great, this look really works on you. Love the yellow shoes too!

dexiejane said...

yellow pumps? ahhhhh i'm drooling!!!