Saturday, October 25, 2008

Workin the Weekend -- Ally

Happy weekend!! It rained all day yesterday (yuck) but today the sun's out! It's still below 50 degrees, though, so I'm a happy camper!

Corduroy blazer: Bass

Teal shell: Target

Jeans: Walmart (these are a hundred years old and I found them in my guest room closet. Score!)

Shoes: Steve Madden

Necklace: shop in NOLA






When I was little I HATED corduroy, but over the past few years I've grown fond of it. Cord pants aren't for me, but I like it in a jacket and as a trim. I think Mama still wants to choke me every time I wear it though...did I mention I HATED it when I was little? haha

I know we've all seen this necklace, but I'm putting this pic up b/c it's a more accurate representation of the color of the jacket. It looks sorta orange in the top pic, but it's a pinkish maroon. I have a hard time matching stuff with it - any suggestions? I tried orange w/ it the other day and it was awful. I don't want to just wear this top and black under it all season.











I've had these shoes for a hundred years too. I probably got them at the Zappos outlet for under $30 if I had to guess. Most of my non-Target shoes come from there or when Dillard's has their crazy clearance sales.









***Edit***
Mama - Is this the pic you're talking about?

I remember getting cord pants and shirts for a gift and promptly throwing them to the ground and stomping on them. Before I could finish expressing how much I hated those pants, you were already smacking the crap out of me. Granted, I deserved it, but who the hell gets a kid corduroy pants as a gift?!?!

14 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh I like the pinkish red and teal together! And I really like cords. Especially in a jacket. They can be too bulky at times in pants but a great fall jacket always seems chic and fall to me.

Ally said...

That's kinda how I feel about the pants too. You have to be careful of too wide of a wale depending upon your body type. I think they look great on men though.

It feels like fall today! FINALLY! A pretty, sunny, crisp day :) Too bad I'm stuck in the office...

KT said...

Ally, I don't want to hurt your feelings but you don't own anything that looks good with that necklace. You should just send it to me and stop embarassing yourself. THAT is the kind of friend I am.

Anonymous said...

I really like the blazer with the teal - it's bold and unexpected. And once more, I COVET that necklace. What a great trip souvenir.

Louella said...

i can't beleive you are wearing corduroy again!!!!!!! yes, you hated it when you were 5ish as if you knew what fashion was. guess you had an internal fashion guru telling you that it would be okay to wear corduroy in your 20ish years - but it was not okay to make your mothers life crazy when you had to wear matching/cute outfits to kindergarten (pink and purple). sooooo cute!
maddy better not wear corduroy!!!!!

Ally said...

KT - You're such a pal!

Sal - Thanks :) What other colors would be good with it? It's a weird, off color...

Mama - I posted the pic I think you're talking about. Maddy is above corduroy!

KT said...

Oh no you didn't- When I read the part about your mom smacking you around I almost peed my pants!

Louella said...

yes, that is one of many. you received several outfits for christmas from your aunt and threw them in the floor and cried (spoiled brat). needless to say she never bought you clothes for christmas again.

Ally said...

I assure you, whatever smacking I got, I deserved MUCH more :)

Al said...

Allison had a tantrum?!?? NO!!! :)

Al said...

What's with the "Toddler Mullet?" Someone put a bowl on her head and trimmed the front. Party in the back, though! Who the hell came up with THAT style? :D

Louella said...

where do i begin. that is not a mullet hair cut!!!!! it just took her a little longer for her hair to grow out (like three years) so i just trimmed her bangs. she looked precious and how has lots of beautiful red hair. al look in the mirror and see how much hair you don't have????? and yes she can kick your butt if she has a trantrum!!!!!

Unknown said...

Too funnt about the "cords tantraum". We all have our moments. I must say though, I love those shoes!!

90-Dayer said...

Gosh, I love that necklace. And I agree, the color combo is GREAT!