Monday, October 27, 2008

Monday -- Ally

I hope you all had a great weekend! The weather here has cooled off and I'm loving it!

Teal corduroy blazer: Weird TJ Maxx brand. Had it for years.

Orange shirt: JCP

Black pants: Old Navy

Shoes: Target

Brooch: vintage

Necklace: gift







I'm super annoyed at how the waist of this jacket just goes right up under my boobs. What the hell? I know my waist starts about there anyway, but seriously. I'm not THAT short-waisted...or am I??

Are those neck wrinkles?? JEEZE!!!!



















The last time I wore this jacket the button was kind enough to pop off and hide...for good. I forget to buy a button for it every time I'm out, so I grabbed this brooch/pin this morning. I think it's kinda cute and did the job.














These are from the Target haul a few months back. I wish they were lined better. They're lined in that cheap plastic and they make my feet sweat something awful. I know you wanted to know that, but whatever. Cheap shoes = stinky feet.

14 comments:

Jules said...

Love the colour of that blazer

Christina said...

love the brooch as a button. super chic!

Anonymous said...

You are the mistress of color. I declare it! And I love the brooch-as-button idea.

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love the color combo and the brooch is a fantastic idea! Would it be wrong to purposely rip a button off one of my blazer so I could copy you?!

KT said...

What a great color combo!

Kelly said...

love the button solution!

Louella said...

is that the brooch/pin i gave you? it is really pretty may have to have it back!!!

Leslie said...

Too cute! And I love the brooch as a button. The teal and orange are so fun together-I had never worn them together until I started to earlier in the summer and it was very fun and unexpected!

Erica said...

I've always had neck wrinkles. :/ Even when I was in high school.

Love the button idea, as well!Practical and lovely solution.

ohthatgirl said...

I'm totally copying this look. I love the color combination. :O)

SHOEGAL said...

I have a jacket just like that one. It even fastens high up like yours does. I love mine too.

90-Dayer said...

Loves it! I'm with everyone else, the color combo is great.

Leah said...

Another copycat here! I will definitely be combining teal and orange in the very near future (but I will let everyone know who I copied from). Very cute!

Jamie said...

Great colors on you!