Friday, October 3, 2008

TGIF - Ally

Did you know today is Lee's National Denim Day in support of Breast Cancer research? I did! I gladly parted ways with $5 and wore jeans to work today. Of course, I can't look like I rolled out of bed, so I avoided the old sorority hoodie.

Jeans: Gap

Black top: Old Navy

Teal top: Old Navy

Flats: Sam Edelman (shocking!)

Necklace: shop in New Orleans









This picture looks so dark for some reason...anyway. I have this top in gray too and I wish I had a dozen more. They're the perfect length and a little too big so they're super comfortable and I can easily layer them w/out getting bulky. They're very thin but not see-through so I avoid looking like a tramp at work. Score!

Isn't this necklace the prettiest?? It's a dark rosy brassy gold tone with amber and teal sparklies. The fleur de lys is, naturally, everywhere in New Orleans and it's quite popular in Louisville too.

12 comments:

ohthatgirl said...

Love the cute, casual look! And the necklace is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Love the look & need the necklace!!

Hillary said...

Love the necklace!

KT said...

O-M-Flipping-G! That necklace rocks! Do not plan on crossing state lines into Ohio without wearing that.

Kelly said...

I love that necklace!!

Jamie said...

yeah i love that necklace!!!

Anonymous said...

What?! Looking like a tramp at work isn't cool?! Oh no . . .

Seriously, you look very cute especially given it is a jeans day. And that necklace - yep, you better not head north with it. So pretty!

Leslie said...

As i told you in person, that necklace is FABULOUS! If it were red and black, Id be driving to NOLA to get one.

90-Dayer said...

That necklace is hot! Love it, want it! I'm thinking pink and black though :O)

Louella said...

the necklace is breath taking in person. i'm not crazy about fleur de lys but this is really a beautiful piece of jewelry. love it

Erica said...

That necklace is beautiful! And Sam Edelman makes the best little flats.

Anonymous said...

Gotta jump on the love-your-necklace bandwagon, Ally. What a fab find!