Saturday, October 25, 2008

Cheap Cashmere

Stylelist reported earlier this week that cashmere is no longer in demand--a sign of the troubled economy no doubt.

I love cashmere. The way I see it, if you're going to have to trapse through the snow and frigid cold to work in the winter, you may as well have the warmest, softest sweater on. I've built up a decent collection over the years--after all if you care for it well and use a sweater comb to keep it looking fresh, cashmere can last forever.

However, the economy is getting in the way of cashmere love. Which is why I feel the need to let you all know that this week when I was at Kohl's they had cashmere on sale!!!! There were solid color cardigans and some argyle as well. I think they were all around $60 each-- a bargain for cashmere. I have a couple Kohl's cashmere sweaters from a few years ago and honestly, as I like them just as well as some of the cashmere I have at twice that price.

Get thee to Kohl's for warm, snuggly cashmere!

3 comments:

Ally said...

I need to go to Kohl's more...I always just go right on by. Need more cashmere! :)

Leslie said...

I need to go more as well. I normally don't stop but my sister had on the cutest turtleneck sweater last weekend that they had in several colors so I wanted one of those...that's what made me actually decide to stop. So many cute things--I'm going to have to go more often!

KT said...

I am telling you, when in NYC go to Uniqlo for cashmere. Gorgeous cashere at a price point that can't be beat. And the colors, oh the colors...