Wednesday, October 22, 2008

How much is too much?


Red Cardigan: The Limited

Zebra Scarf: ? Not sure of brand, bought at small boutique in town

Studded Belt: Target

Charcoal Cigarette Pants: CAbi

Pumps: BGBGirls

It's starting to feel brisk outside in the mornings. I don't mind because I do love wearing scarves and making them part of the outfit as opposed to part of the commute. Plus I usually actually stay warm in the office that way!

However, there have been mixed opinions thus far that the studded belt AND the zebra scarf together are too much. What do you think? Do you like the studded belt or should I have worn a solid black belt?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm personally not a fan of studded belts in general unless you are in a punk band! :) But, personal feelings aside, I really don't think its too much! LOVE the scarf by the way, i think it's my favorite!!!

Unknown said...

I think a plain black one would look better.

Christina said...

I'm not a big fan of the studded belt. I think the zebra scarf gives you enough "something something" that you don't need to add a studded belt.

Jessica said...

I like them both. I like the studded belt and I like the scarf and I like them together. :)

I took a workshop recently. It was on instructional skills, but one the things we learned applies here. It's all about people's perceptions. Everyone has their own opinion and what they like. Just because it's not for them, doesn't mean it isn't good.

...my two cents

Ally said...

I like the belt and I like the scarf. I don't hate them together - it's "a lot of look" but you could do worse :)

Anonymous said...

I think I would've gone plain black. Like Ally said, both pieces are great, but together they are a bit too busy.

Erica said...

I agree with the "plain black" side...but great scarf!