Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Back to work Tuesday -- Ally

Well, we're back. Exhausted, yet still on speaking terms - that's always good! I think we both need a vacation from our vacation...3, 000 miles in 8 days is a lot! I'll post a recap of my vacation outfits this week :)

Thin, grey, tshirt: Old Navy

Purple lace cami: Old Navy

Pants: Old Navy

Shoes: wait for it... OLD NAVY.

Necklace: Vintage MeMaw









I didn't realize I was all Old Navy until just now...if I weren't so comfortable I'd be annoyed with it.


I've worn this necklace before but always forget to put on the earrings. I'm not much of an earrings gal, but they'd be cute shoe clips.












And just for KT, my shoes on my desk!
















I got the shoes and pants during Old Navy's $14.92 Columbus Day sale. If it weren't such a great deal, I'd have passed on it just out of principle. I mean, seriously, what the hell did Columbus discover? Absolutely nothing. You can't discover someplace where people already live...never made sense to me. Silly history books.

And since it's a week of birthdays, Happy Birthday to my sweet Maddy. She's 8 today (!!!!) and she's sweeter and cuter than ever.

December 2000, right after we adopted each other:

Maddy was a chunk when I got her. 10 lbs at 6 weeks!











Summer 2008:

My baby's all grown up :(












***EDIT***

Maddy and the first time she met her Aunt Leslie.

Leslie wasn't a dog person back then and she especially didn't like Maddy getting black fur all over her white pants. However, Maddy knew this and did her best to cover Les with fur every time they hung out.

They soon came to terms and I learned to keep a lint roller handy :)

13 comments:

Christina said...

i've tagged you! :)

ohthatgirl said...

Welcome back! I completely understand about needed a vacation after your vacation. OTB did a staycation and still said the same thing when he had to return to work.

Hey...I have those shoes. I like them but hate that ON doesn't make 1/2 sizes, had to buy heel grips and an insert. :o(

Ally said...

These are a 7 1/2...one of the few (if only) pairs they had w/half sizes. I always have to go up a half size in cheaper shoes :(

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Maddy! She is such a cutie.

I hear ya on Columbus Day ~ if this ridiculous holiday didn't inspire Retailers to have sales I would protest, but who doesn't like $14.92 items?!

Kelly said...

aw, happy birthday maddy!

KT said...

Welcome home! That is a great look on you. Can't we credit Columbus w/ Columbus day sales and be thankful for that?

Ally said...

Kimberly & Kelly - Maddy says thanks, but if you really cared, you'd send cash. She's such a spoiled brat.

KT - That's the only good thing that came out of it. Well that and Columbus, OH :)

Leslie said...

Oh I remember Baby Maddy! So sweet! Those are very flattering pants as well! Gotta love it when you score a deal like that.

Ally said...

They're more of a straight leg than the ones I typically wear.

Les, I just HAD to add a pic - go check it out! :)

Leslie said...

Oh my gosh!! Maddy always likes sleeping like a baby! We did become fast friends didnt we? It wasnt white pants, it was a merino wool sweater she was really fond of!! :-)

I have old photos...get ready. I found them digging around pictures for the funeral. As soon as I get them scanned, we'll have some blast from the past. Be very scared.

Ally said...

She's sound asleep now! That's right! It was a sweater, not the pants - she gets her love on everyone.

Oh goodness...I can hardly wait...*sigh*

Hillary said...

Awww Maddy is too cute! Happy birthday to her!

Anonymous said...

All of those things: Welcome back beautiful! Happy doggie bday to Maddie! FANTASTIC shoes. Can't get enough of round-toe pumps.

Oh, and one of my fave t-shirts ever said "Cristobal Colon NO descubrio la america." A cute boy at my high school had it.