Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Jeans Day- and a rant


Dot Cardigan: The Limited

Black Cami: Old Navy

Red Patent Belt: The Limited

Trouser Jeans: Gap

Black Peep Toe Pumps: Steve Madden

I love jeans days at work. I think we should have them every day. I am always so happy and comfortable that I really am quite productive! That also probably has something to do with the fact that I can't wear jeans if I have meetings so jeans days usually end up totally 100% at my desk and not interrupted 20,000 times which also leads to an increase in productivity. Being the obsessive list maker that I am, nothing makes me happier than to complete projects and mark items off the to-do list!

Speaking of jeans days, I feel like I should say something about appropriate jeans wear at work. Here's a hint to some people- it's not with a t-shirt and sneakers. As a young professional who has entered her career in the time of "business casual," I have no problem with wearing jeans to work on a casual day -- but if you are in an office environment, I think you should always have on heels or nice flats or loafers and a nice jacket, button down or cardigan. Wearing jeans does not give you an excuse to be sloppy. You must still look work appropriate and tailored.

Clothes don't earn you a job or reflect your ability- but appropriate dress does earn you respect and a good first impression. Tshirts and sneakers do not give a positive one.

Whew. I feel better.

6 comments:

KT said...

Leslie, you look great in this!

Kelly said...

I totally agree. I could go on and on about looking good at work. My office is super casual - The president and one VP (a man and a woman, respectively) wear denim shorts (!!!) every day in the summer. In my opinion, the office is not the place to wear velour tracksuits or XXXXXL tweety bird shirts. But apparently, my coworkers would beg to differ. Is is really harder to put on a cute cardigan than a hoodie? Flats are even easier to wear than tennis shoes. I don't get it.

Unknown said...

That cardigan is awesome! I am lovin the dots!

Anonymous said...

I agree, too. It took me a long time to learn that "casual Friday" doesn't have to mean "sweatshirt, jeans, and sneaks." That, in fact, I feel BETTER and more comfortable in jeans and a cashmere sweater.

Christina said...

I completely agree. In my office unfortunately people even take business casual to mean VERY casual and it drives me nuts!!!

The Budget Babe said...

omg i ADORE that cardigan. very tory burch.

awesome blog, btw!