Friday, October 10, 2008

My favorite fall pants


Orange Chinos: J Crew

White Button Down: The Limited

Scarf As Belt: NY and Company

Pumps: Rampage

We all have those items in our closet that are simply all time favorites. The ones that luckily seem to always fit no matter what your weight fluctuation and never seem to go out of style.

These orange chinos are one of mine. They were discovered 5 years ago (I think--it's been a while I know!) while at the J Crew outlet in Hilton Head. I love them so much that if I could find another pair that fit like these, I would buy in some other fun colors and just plain khaki as well. But I can't find this fit anymore. It says it's the "Favorite Fit" but I've tried those on and they just don't fit the same. Or maybe these have just formed to me over the years. Who knows.

They are just so truly fall--the orange is bold and I personally believe, as a result, pretty seasonal (it's too bad I'm not a UT fan!). Since I only have a few months of quality time with them, I wear them to work and out on the weekends both. The above is more of a "work" option (still for a pretty casual day) while on the weekends I wear with a white long sleeve tee, wedge loafers and a brown and white striped belt most commonly.

Do you have favorite "seasonal" garments that stand the test of time?

9 comments:

Jamie said...

I love these pants on you! I would steal them if I was a couple inches shorter! Ok, I may not score a ton of points here, but I cannot get into the scarf as a belt. It reminds me of when I was 13 and we wore ribbons through our belt loops on khaki shorts and jeans. I think it would look cute under the collar of your button-up and tied. Again, just a personal preference.

Ally said...

Love this - sooo cute. I'm w/J, though on the scarf but it's only because it gives me a flashback to 1993. I had some awesome purple jeans and I would tie a purple washed silk sash through the belt loops like this.

It's not a bad look and it doesn't make your body look weird, it just reminds me of that time period and my braces and perm :)

Jamie said...

Oh the perm! I had the perm AND the claw bangs, you know the ones where one half is curled up and the other half curled down. I never want to be 13-15 ever again :)

Ally said...

YES! We need a photo montage of our bad 'dos.

Anonymous said...

Those are superfab, Leslie. My favorite seasonal garment is my black cashmere cowlneck - I'll only wear it in the dead of winter, but it makes me so happeeeeee to do so!

Unknown said...

Love the look and very relieved you are not a UT fan!! I assume you bleed Cardinal Red, I am more UK Blue myself but at least we are in the same state!! I live my black ankle boots and closed toe shoes. I never wear closed toes in warm weather.

Leah said...

I love the orange pants!! And since I AM a UT fan, I need my own pair! =)

Tara Wasson said...

Love, love, love this!

Leslie said...

Angie- I do bleed Cardinal Red!

Leah- these are PERFECT UT pants! They just scream to be worn to a football game and sing Rocky Top!

Thanks everyone- I love these too!