Wednesday, October 8, 2008

What to do, what to do?

Pencil Skirt, Turtleneck Sweater and Rodeo Belt: CAbi

Leopard Print Pumps: Nine West

What do you wear when it's October and 85 degrees outside? I want to feel seasonably appropriate but it's sure hard when it's that warm. At least it wasn't humid. And a shortsleeve turtleneck sweater seemed perfect!

I have this exact skirt in black and white tweed too...and I've been debating whether I need to shorten it about an inch. It currently ends at the bottom of my kneecap. I wear the skirts frequently with tall boots in the winter and I read this weekend that when wearing tall boots with a pencil skirt, you should show a bit of a break between the skirt and boot for the maximum slimming effect. However, they also say the slimmest part of your leg is at the bottom of your kneecap so it's good to have skirts end there. So what are your thoughts??? (And no, buying new boots is not an option!) Hem or no hem?

4 comments:

KT said...

I think this look is stunning and perfect the way it is.

V said...

I think the length is fine for boots or without. Speaking of Cabi...just went to a Cabi party this past weekend and managed to control the purchasing to one item...will break it out as soon as I get it...I love their clothes!

Unknown said...

I like this length, most of my skirts come there. BUt I do have an issue - what do you mean buying new boots is not an option??? New boots shoudl ALWAYS be an option!! ROFLMAO!!!

E said...

Cool belt, Lady!

I think the hemline is a toss-up; on one hand I'd say leave it because one-inch isn't that big of a difference, and on the other hand I feel like your knees should be peeking out. Yeah. I'm no help here :)