Friday, October 17, 2008

Flapper Fun!!

White Oxford: Old Navy

Flapper Dress: CAbi

Houndstooth Heels: Chinese Laundry

Sometimes a picture doesn't do a garment justice. This dress is one of those times.

You can't see because it's black but the dress is darling- it's empire waist and is a "flapper"- it literally has car wash type flaps that are loose coming down from the empire waist, with a black sheath underneath the flaps. I tried to take some "action shots", twirling so you could see the flaps swirling around but I was told I basically looked like a moron in the best of the shots so you get no action shot. You'll have to use your imagination. But it is great fun to wear because the flaps swirl out around you as you walk. It's definitely different and a statement piece that stands out in the crowd-- I received a ton of comments on it today.

It may be my favorite purchase of the CAbi fall season (excluding the black wrap tee that makes me want to email Carol Anderson and beg for more color options) because it can be dressed for work like this but can also be worn as a cocktail dress for dressier type events. It was also suggested that it could be cute with some magenta tights. What do you think? I'm also thinking I can wear with my fuschia tie neck top sans tie underneath or with a great blazer over top and belted....I'm also thinking a skinny belt could be worn at the empire waist line to give some additional color and definition....lots of possibilities....I can't wait to try them all!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your shoes are love!

BTW, I nominated you for a blog I love :) Check it out at mine!

V said...

I agree, the picture does not do the dress justice....the dress is adorable, and looks great on you!

Hillary said...

Love those shoes! I agree with V on the dress.